xxii → jump scare.

^^ fucking amazing band...

𝓲 𝓭𝓸𝓷'𝓽 𝓴𝓷𝓸𝔀 𝔀𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓽𝓸 𝓭𝓸, 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓮𝓼𝓬𝓪𝓵𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓻𝓭𝓾𝓮.

Y/N'S POV

"Are you sure you really wanna do this?" Nick asks me for what must've been the third time tonight, I reply the same way, "yes! What else are we supposed to do?" 

"Fine, your call." 

I whip my head towards him, "actually? You'll come with us?!"

He nods his head, "I guess you're right."

"I am right."

"Sure, okay." he says laughing, and then leaves. I decide I should tell Paradyse about what's happening, so I text her.

Paradyse

Y/n: Come to Finn's house RIGHT NOW

I had to scare her. In 5 minutes, she shows up and pounds on the door. I answer it, and she stares at me franticly, "you're not dead?" she asks in relief.

"No, I just wanted you to come quickly so you wouldn't try and drag your ass." I reply.

"Okay, well then why did you want me here?" she comes inside and shuts the door behind her.

"Well, uh--" I start, "I'm afraid I might get caught by the fuzz so Nick, Finn, and I are leaving."

"You're running away?" she nearly screams.

"You can call it that."

"But...but, y-you can't!" she spits out piece by piece, "what if they catch you and you get into even bigger trouble?!" she suggests.

"Then they catch me, but what I am supposed to do, stay here and wait for them to find me?"

She tries to think of something to say, but then gives up nevertheless, "I'm sorry, it's final." I say.

She sighs, "well when are you leaving?"

"Tonight, we decid-"

"TONIGHT?" she yells, "oh my fuck."

"We're gonna be fine, okay?"

Her phone dings, and she looks down at it, "I have to go," she sighs, "I don't want to sound sappy but...but is this goodbye?"

"Probably." I say, and she frowns.

"It's been great knowing you," she says, and then hugs me tight. I hug back, "don't do anything stupid. I mean, besides from running away."

"I can't promise that," I say, pulling away from the hug.

"Y/n, when you said-- oh, sorry," Finn says, nearly galloping into the front hall, and then coming to a halt.

"It's okay, we were just saying bye." I say, facing him, then I turn back around, "I'll miss you."

"We'll see each other, I know it." she says before opening and closing the door behind her.

Silence blankets the surrounding area, "I sure hope this damn works." I say, still facing the door. Finn sneaks up behind me. He wraps his arms around my waist and rests his chin on my shoulder.

"It will, one way or another." he kisses my neck and I take a sigh,

a sigh of what?

relief? no.

frustration? no. 

who knows.

=TIME SKIP=

Finn's POV

9:30pm

~

"I can't believe we're doing this," Nick whispers while starting the car, "I can't believe we're doing this!" he repeats, this time a little louder and more energetic. 

"We're not going rogue, Nick, we're running away." I say sarcastically. 

"How do you say it so casually?" Nick questions me.

"I'm trying not to freak out because if I do then y/n will get worried." I answer, and I think he was satisfied. As if on cue, an overwhelmed y/n gets into the car.

"This is normal," she starts frantically, "this is totally normal. I mean lots of people do this, right? Running away from the po po isn't that big of a deal! They haven't even found me!" she sounded like even she wasn't convincing herself.

"One question." Nick says.

"What?" I ask.

"We going to America or staying local-"

"What the hell are you trying to say?"

"I need to know if I'm going Northbound or Southbound!" Nick says, and I'm still confused.

"And why would we be going North?"

"Well, I just thought, maybe if they already know who uh, did it, they most definitely would not let us over the border."

"So what, we're going to Nunavut or something? 'Cause sorry, I didn't bring my trapper hat!" I snap.

"Nunavut's an option."

"It's a fuc-"

"Will you two shut the hell up already?" y/n interrupts, "I will drive this fucking car if you two can't get along. We're going South-"

"But-" Nick tries to say.

"South."

"I don't know you if the border control people ask," Nick says before backing out of the driveway.

~

w/c: 728

a/n: wow that took a while didn't it, i apologize for not updating :( i feel terrible. school started 3 days ago so expect less frequent updates, but dont worry this book is not on pause. 

thank you to those who keep reading even though i am a horrible updater,

you are truly amazing...

...and patient bless your soul lol.