xi → police tape.

𝐢'𝐯𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐤 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢'𝐦 𝐬𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧'. 𝐬𝐨 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐮𝐭, 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞.

Y/N'S POV
·゚: *

Eventually, I was able to escape the hellhole my parents decided to send me to when I was just four— school. The unpleasant ringing of sirens filled my ears when I stepped foot outside of the school. I followed my ears out of curiosity and saw someone who made my stomach drop as I laid eyes on him. I ran to catch up to his body which lay on the hard pavement, but I was held back by two tall, rich, white businessmen who weren't worth the gallant struggle I made to try and release myself from their grasp which was 10 times as large as mine.

"LET GO, YOU BASTARDS! YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHO YOU'RE DEALING WITH" I screamed on the top of my lungs.

"And who might that be?" the thin one snapped.

"U..uh-" I gasped. In the background, I expected to see someone helping Finn, anyone. But instead, I see tow trucks, and angry men.

"Looks like she doesn't have any explanation for us, Tim," the same one laughed.

"You-," I started.

"Save your breath, sweetie," piles of fumes started coming out of my ears.

"You're going to have to stay here with us, little girl," the pudgy one chuckled. And that's when I lost it.

"Okay grandpas," I told them forcefully and their heads snapped towards me, "I don't know what your problems are, but I'm not dealing with them. you have two choices: one, you let me go and leave me alone. Or two, I kick you both in the dick, you let me go, and you leave me alone. We can do this the easy way or the hard way, your choice." They exchanged a look with each other and let me go with a sigh. This was my cue to run away. "PUSSIES!" I yelled and then darted for Finn.

FINN'S POV
·゚: *

When I woke, I was still on the ground. My head started pounding, but it wasn't because of the accident, it was because of the sound of screaming girls that surrounded me.

"OH MY GOD HE'S AWAKE! HE'S AWAKE!" one of them screeched and I winced.

"FINN? FINN!" another one cried.

"everybody get out of my fucking way!" a familiar voice howled.

"how about no?" the first one snapped back.

"How about if I throw a stick? Will you leave?" the only voice I recognized remarked, and I heard the other girl whine. "get the hell away from me."

"But we wanna help!!" a new, but similar voice begged.

"do I look like i care!" and just like that, the girls went on their own ways and I was left with someone I couldn't fully recognize because now I was seeing double.

"Y/n?" I said weakly.

"Yeah it's me," she started and a small smile grew onto my face, "but holy shit what happened to you?" she asked and I started to remember how I got down here.

"Well, I was walking....and then, I guess-"

"Someone hit you," her face turned into a frown. I tried to sit up, but my right side hurt too much.

"Ow, shit."

"uh, don't move," she said in a soft tone of voice. She sat down closer to me and rested my head on her. This was the first time in a while I felt totally safe. Even if I was just hit by a car. "Hear my heartbeat? Just focus on that," and I did, except at first, the sound of it startled me. It was pounding incredibly fast, but she still remained calm with me. She moved my hair out of my face to reveal a cut. "shit," she whispered under her breath, but I still heard it.

"What?"

"Oh, i-it's nothing. You're just bleeding a bit.,"

"How bad does it look?"

"It's kinda like when you fall off your bike as a kid, and you get that scratch on your knee. Except this is on your head, and a bit bloodier," she let out a small laugh, but then she looked quickly behind her. I felt my head leave her side. And soon enough hands all over me picked me up and placed me on a stretcher. I heard mumbles around me. They rolled me away, and y/n got smaller and smaller. It was only then that I noticed how much blood she had on her. On her face, her clothes. But there was something worse than blood on her face. Tears rolled down her face as though there were a dam that had just broken loose. A police officer closed her off of the site with a thin layer of police tape. 

And just like that, y/n was gone.

Y/N'S POV
·゚: *

They carried him away abruptly considering he was injured, and that they were trained professionals. They placed an oxygen mask over his face and escorted him out of the scene. They were giving him everything he didn't need; a million people surrounding him, the cameras, the oxygen, the unnecessary attention. He needed his friends, he needed Nick. and selfishly enough, he needed me. 

"Finn, I'll see you soon. At the hospital. I'll be waiting for you," I called out before he was lifted into the ambulance. A man with a beard came up to me. "What hospital is he going to?" I asked.

"(a hospital name)", he replied, not looking at me. "You best be getting home, little girl," he added, surrounding the scene with police tape.

 And just like that, Finn was gone.

"I'll be at the hospital, sir. And I'm not a little girl."

~

w/c: 933 

a/n: i was trying to be consistent with updating but i've come to the realization that i'm not always in my best writing mood on those specific days, and the best chapters come with time, patience, a good mood, and the best ideas. speaking of which, i have two new story ideas i'm gonna put into action after i'm done this one! have a great day/night! 💕