"Alexa, you coming?" Max's voice ushered me inside.

"Yeah." I smiled, stepping in.

~~~~~

That morning I woke up with a smile on my face, although we weren't going to say anything and still keep it a secret until Max was ready to tell Isaac, we were back to normal.. Normal being talking and mindlinking a werewolf.

Yep, normal.

My feet hit the wooden floor in my room as I made my way to the shower. Stepping inside, I turned the water on and let the warmth invade my body as I washed my hair. My body finally relaxed as I hummed and stepped out, wrapping a towel around my body.

I reached for a hairbrush when I looked at myself in the mirror. Dread spread across my face when I saw someone stood in my room from the mirror. I swiftly turned on my heel to see that there was no one there. That had really scared me, was I imagining things now?

I was just being paranoid, I told myself as I brushed through my blond hair. I put a hairband around my wrist as I tied my hair up.

I picked out a pair of black jeans with a red sweater and applied makeup including my favourite light pink lipstick.

The noise from my steps coming down the stairs resonated in the house as my mom looked up at me from the couch.

"Hey, how are you?" She was even more worried about me after the whole incident with Derrick.

"I'm great." I cheerfully grabbed a cup of hot chocolate and a donut. Such a healthy breakfast.

"I can see that. You're glowing" she laughed as she sat down across from me.

"I am?" I questioned.

"Yeah, don't tell me you met a boy."

Moms were too smart nowadays. I was quite happy because of everything with Max but I wasn't going to tell her that. Plus, he hadn't even told me how he felt about me. All I knew was that he hated girls in the past but that he cared about me now, for all I knew that was just because I was his mate.

"You okay honey?" She looked at me.

"Yeah, why?" I shrugged.

"You just had a sad look on your face."

"Oh yeah. It's nothing. I'm going to be late I should go." I said glancing up at the clock.

"Have a good day!" She called after me.

"Thanks, you too."

~~~~~

As soon as I stepped into Mr Clark's classroom I was tackled by Cathy into a hug. "Alexa!"

"Woah, are you okay." I struggled for breath in her tight grip.

"Will told me that you met Derrick again. I would have thought that's something you should tell me so I wasn't very glad to hear it from my brother when I got back."

"Oh right, how was seing your parents?"

"Good thanks it was so good to spend some time with them. My mom even got me this bracelet." She motioned to a small silver bracelet around her wrist. The light reflected off of it as a small heart hung losely on it.

"Wow it's beautiful."

"Yeah I know! Oh but, don't change the subject. What happened?"

I sat down at our desk as she followed me.

"Nothing I'm fine. He's been.. taken care of." I struggled for an explanation.

"What do you mean?"