SHOT 2 - Anjali Agrees to Investigate Nancy's Murder

SHOT 2

Anjali reaches Mumbai with her family. Arjun already booked a beach house for them. Shalu is overjoyed seeing the beach house.

Shalu: Naama inggethaan thangge poroma?? Supera irukku!! (Are we going to stay here?? It's looking awesome!!)

Anjali: Eppadira inthe beach house kandu pidiche ivvalavo seekirama?? (How did you find this beach house this fast??)

Arjun: Krithika thaan paarthu kudutha. (Krithika only found it for us.)

Anjali: Hmmm. Nadathu nadathu. (Hmmm. Carry on.) (Looks at her watch) Sari, nee ivunggale parthukko. Naan poyi commissioner'eh parthuttu vanthudren. (Ok. You take care of them. I will go and meet the Commissioner and come.)

Arjun: Sari, parthu poyittu vaa. (Ok. Be careful) (Anjali nods and leaves from there.)

COMMISSIONER OFFICE

Bhavya reaches the office after getting a call from the commissioner.

Bhavya: Sir, why did you call me??

Com: Are you sure that Shivaay Singh Oberoi didn't commit the murder??

Bhavya: Maybe, sir. Because I have seen him saving someone without caring about his life. How come a person who is ready to sacrifice his life can take someone's life??

Com: But the law only needs evidence, Bhavya. Your statement won't be accepted. Moreover, Shivaay Singh Oberoi has escaped from the police.

Bhavya: I know, sir. But I have a strong feeling that Shivaay Singh Oberoi didn't do the murder. There must be third person's involvement in that case. If you give me some time, I will try to investigate more deeply in this case.

Com: Ok. I will give you time but you are not going to investigate it alone.

Bhavya: Means?? (Commissioner landline phone rings. He answers the call.)

Com: Send the person inside. (He ends the call. His hears a knock on the door.) Come in. (A person enters the room. The commissioner smiles.) Welcome, Mrs Anjali Vikramadityan.

Anjali: (smiles) Hello, sir. Mr Gowda said that you want to meet me.

Com: (nods) Please take your seat first, Anjali. (Anjali obeys and sits in front of him.) This is Mrs Anjali Vikramadityan, CBI officer from Chennai. And Anjali, this is Bhavya Prathap Rathore, Assistant Commissioner of Police.(Anjali & Bhavya smile at each other and have a handshake)

Com: Anjali, I need your help in a murder case. That's why I wanted to meet you.

Anjali: Murder case??

Com: Yes, few days back, a girl is brutally murdered. Her face was totally damaged. We somehow manage to find the culprit but he has escaped from the police.

Anjali: Ok. Then, ask your officers to find the culprit and arrest him. How can I help you in this?? You already found the culprit.

Bhavya: Mam, his wife is saying that her husband can't kill anyone.

Anjali: A wife will be saying like that only, Miss Bhavya. No wife will accept that her husband is a murderer.

Bhavya: I understand that, mam but I too felt that he is innocent. He is a person who will sacrifice his life to save someone. I have witnessed it too.

Anjali: But it doesn't mean that a person who is ready to sacrifice his life can't take another life. If their loved one in danger, the person will not hesitate to take a life too. (Anjali recalls her past. Bhavya keeps quiet couldn't find any answer to give back.) Fine. If you still feel he is innocent, find him and interrogate him. I don't have to help you. Moreover, both of our departments are different. Police department won't like if CBI take over their cases. How you can expect me to help you?? I came here because Gowda sir told me so. But I'm sorry, I can't help you. Thank you and sorry once again. (Gets up from her place and leaves.)