I broke up with you because as I’ve stated above, you’ve changed. The Alex I fell in love with was adorable, funny, considerate, thoughtful, understanding and loving. The Alex I fell in love with would stop whatever she’s doing to talk to me, would alarm her phone 10 minutes before I wake up just to text me good morning and to tell me that the day I’m going to have will be a great day, the alex I know would jump at every chance she sees to visit me, the alex I know would never fail to make me feel loved. But all that stopped happening a month after you moved to LA.

I feel neglected and unloved. I know you love me but this past few months you’ve just showed me love through text but never through actions. You may surprise me sometimes and send me stuff or ask Haley to bring me lunch but then the next day after you do that you’d forget to text or call. Usually we talk everyday because of the distance but lately you’ve been forgetting to do that. At first you’d just reply to my text after a few hours that I sent them then it became days. It saddens me that you do that.

I couldn’t do it anymore. We fought everyday, we stopped supporting each other. I can’t keep up with your antics anymore. I know that you never ever cheated on me and you never would but that’s not the point. A relationship should be based on trust and communication and we seem to have stopped doing that. This letter might not be enough to explain why I’m ending this but I hope you understand and you now have an idea why I really ended it.

I know how much you love and trust me, I love you that much too. I know that after our break up we would stop talking to each other. And I really am not ready to be your friend because I completely agree when you once told me “Once you love someone so much and you break up, you can never be friends because you’d just fall in love ever again” and I’m not ready. I can’t be friends with you if I can’t have you. I know that you’d try to reach out after our break up but I hope this will explain why I’m going to be rejecting you. It would kill me everyday that we won’t be together that I know for sure. And I’m sure that no one would ever love me as much as you did.

Know that I would also hurt from this break up. I’m not sure how many days or weeks or maybe even months I would spend crying over you. Also know that after this break up every time I would see your name on my timeline or my newsfeed I would regret why I ended things with you.

                                I will always love you. I miss you already, my love.

Always and forever,

Your Alice

            We were always sweet to each other. Every moment with her before felt like the happiest moment of my life. She used to be my everything and after reading her first letter I don’t know if I can read the second one. The letter brought back so many happy yet heartbreaking moments. The letter she wrote made me realize how much I missed her and how much I wanted to see her. I don’t know if what I’m feeling for her is still love but it was something.

            “Are you okay? You’ve been staring at that for 10minutes now.” Haley shook the hell out of me. I then hugged my best buddy and cried the hell out of it. “Can you still read the other one or should we just reserve it for some other time?” She asked me.