Chapter 14

-----------------------------------------FLASHBACK-----------------------------------------

|ALEX'S POV|

            I’m so happy like really happy. This is like a fulfillment of my dream. A good school away from my parents. I went straight to the hotel after I landed at LAX. I then went online looking for a place to call my home in the next years to come. I was kind of tired and I still don’t need to go to school. I mean tours/orientations will start tomorrow so today I’m just gonna go around and start looking for a place.

            I found a place near my school. It was a condo and it was kind of expensive but my parents agreed to pay for it. It was the penthouse. Of course I got the penthouse. What is college without the parties and stuff? I then called Alice and asked her how she was. I told her I missed her already and she said the same we continued talking until I got back to my hotel. I then slept with a wide grin plastered on my face.

            The week dragged on and I already moved into my new place. I also found a couple of friends, they were freshmen too. Party people. I still talk to Alice everyday but it only lasts for about 3 hours and then we would just text a little. That was it. I guess we were so busy already.

            A month passed and I can feel that Alice and I are drifting away. Our schedules just don’t match. I mean we talk every now and then but it would be cut short due to my friends calling me or passing me shots. I go to school yet I party. Hard. We often have fights over the phone because she would then scold me for throwing my life away. She would remind me why I quit smoking and the health benefits it gave. Little does she know.. I’m back to smoking. I mean there are nights where we don’t’ talk because it’s either she’s mad at me or I’m pissed at her.

            “ALEX I DON’T GET IT. WHY DRINK EVERYDAY? WHY PARTY LIKE THERE’S NO TOMORROW? YOU’RE BETTER THAN THAT.” Alice yelled at me over the phone.

            “What is your problem? I’m really having a bad hangover right now and you’re not helping, This is what college looks like. You work hard, party harder. You won’t understand because you’re not yet in college.” I replied starting to get really pissed.

            “Oh yes I don’t understand. I don’t understand because you’re not helping me understand..” She said but I cut her off since I heard my friends calling me. “We’ll finish this conversation later. I’m leaving. Go to sleep. Good night. Love you.” I then told her and hung up. She’s choking me with this girlfriend crap and I can’t do it right now. I went to the party and decided to just forget about her tonight.

            “Alex duudeeee. Wanna take a hit?” My friend told me pointing at his bong.

            “When did I ever say no to you guys? Come on. I wanna forget.” I then took a hit and when I knew I was high, I went to get a drink.

            “Hey Alex, I was dared to do this.” She leaned in to kiss me. But then I stepped back. “I thought you wanted to forget tonight? And besides she will never find out.” She leaned again and I stepped back.

            “Cassandra, I may be an asshole but I’m not a cheater. I’m sorry. I can’t do that.” I then walked away and went back to my friends. I’m a lot of things but I’m not a cheater. I promised Alice my loyalty and she’s getting it.

            I then went outside and called Haley. “Hale buddy. Do me a favor tomorrow? What time is your class? I mean your school is definitely not far from the high school and I know you’re going there to see Jessy tomorrow so can I ask this one little favor? I swear I’ll owe you one.”