Chapter 13: Today's The Day

"Dear Diary,

Today I'm going on a date with Diego and I'm kind of nervous. Diego's nice but I'm not sure if I like him like that. He's very attractive it's just....I still love Leon"

I sigh and close my diary. I hide it in it's usual hiding spot and go downstairs. I see my dad and Angie holding hands while Olga and Ramallo are sat on the couch.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"Vilu, take a seat" Angie says, she looks excited about something. Without hesitation I sit between Ramallo and Olga on the couch.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Well, Vilu. You're dad and I.....we're..." Angie starts.

"We're getting married" My dad says excitedly.

Olga and Ramallo shout with joy.

"Wow, Congratulations!" I say as I stand up and hug both my dad and Angie.

"When's the wedding?" Olga says, trying to contain her excitment as much as she possibly can.

"Well, we still didn't plan anything yet" Dad says, his eyes glowing. I've never seen him so happy.

"Well you better start soon!" Ramallo says.

"Today's the day!" Francesca says as we walk down the street by her house.

"I know..." I say, staring at the ground.

"Wow, don't get too excited" She says sarcastically.

"I'm just....nervous I guess" I say, finally moving my eyes from the ground and look at Francesca.

"Don't be, Diego is a great guy!" Fran says, attempting to reassure me. I smile a little. We remain silent for a moment as we pass Leon's house.

"Does he know?" Fran asks curiously. I look at her for a moment and then sigh.

"He doesn't have to" I shrug, slightly annoyed.

"Okay, let's change the subject" she says sensing I was annoyed by her question, "So are you and Diego going to dinner before the movie or-"

"No, we're just going to a movie" I say.

"Dear Diary,

Today's the day, Diego should be here soon. I feel bad that Leon doesn't know....well actually he doesn't have the right to know I can date other people if I want to, Leon and I aren't together anymore. This is just me taking one step closer to moving on."

I stop writing as soon as I hear the doorbell. I close my diary and put it away. I run out of my room and down the stairs. When I open the front door I see Diego standing there holding a bouquet of flowers. 

"Wow" I say as I take the flowers, "They're beautiful"

"So are you" he says and I instantly blush.

"Uh, come in" I say. Diego walks in and takes a seat on the living room couch.

"I'll go find some water to put these in and then we can go" I say. I walk into the kitchen and look for somewhere to put the flowers. I finding an old vase and fill it up with water.

"Let's go" I say as I walk into the living room.

Diego and I sit quietly in the movie theatre while watching the movie. So far it's terrible. I fight the urge to fall asleep from boredom. Before I know it Diego grabs my hand and holds it. I can't help but feel guilty. I don't like Diego the way he likes me and I don't want to hurt him.

"Um, I'll be right back....I'm gonna get some food" I say and I run out of the theatre. I stand in the middle of the lobby trying to figure out what to do.

"I'm such an idiot, why am I doing this?" I murmur to myself.

"Violetta?" A voice says, I look up and see Leon. This just keeps getting worse and worse.

"H-hi" I say nervously.

"Are you okay...you look upset" he asks with a concerned look on his face.

"Yeah, I'm fine" I lie. I could tell by the look on his face he knew I was lying.

"I know things are kind of..awkward between us right now but you know you can tell me anything" he says. I instantly hug him, I can't help it.

"Can we go somewhere and talk?" I ask. He nods and we walk outside.

"What is it?" he asks. I open my mouth to tell him but then shut it again, If I tell him I know I'll lose him forever and I don't want that to happen.

"It's okay" He smiles softly, "You can tell me when you're ready"

"Babe!, You had me worried" Diego shouts from behind and runs up to me, placing his arm around my waist. Leon's smile quickly vanishes from his face.

"Diego?" Leon says with disbelief. I see the pain in Leon's eyes and quickly look away.

"Leon, I-" I try to finish but I just can't, I don't know what to say.

"Why..." Leon says desperetly.

"Diego, can you give us a moment" I sigh. Diego hesitates for a moment before going back inside.

"I'm sorry" I say quietly.

"No you're not. You don't care about me one bit because if you did you wouldn't have gone out with him" Leon says, his shock starting to fade into anger.

"We're not together anymore Leon, I can do what I want" I say. He stares at me blankly for a moment.

"Fine" He says. A guy walks out of the theatre walks over to Leon.

"What's wrong?" He asks. Leon ignores him and walks away. The guy looks at me curiously for a moment and chases after him. I sigh and walk back into the lobby and see Diego standing there.

"Hey, I'm sorry about that" I say, slightly embarrassed.

"Maybe we should just be friends...you're clearly not ready for a relationship" He says looking slightly disappointed. I nod and hug him.

"Today's the day" I think to myself, "Today's the day I just might've lost Leon forever".