Chapter 17: Tension

Quarry

Indigo's P.O.V.

Indigo sits on a nearby rock, the light of the sunrise half glowing across her face. She felt sad. Sad about everything, she hated a lot of things. As the sun rose over Atlanta, Rick was visible, his black silhouette talking into a walkie talkie. Rick said that he met a man, Morgan and his son staying in one of the houses on the street before he had found her. They helped him, and he helped them.

Ricks P.O.V

"Morgan, I don't know if you're out there. I don't know if you can hear me. Maybe you're listening right now. I hope so." Ricks eyes shifted towards the little girl waiting for him nearby then at the camp where Carl and Lori were helping the others, "I found others...my family, if you can believe it. My wife and son, they're alive. I found a little girl, her name is Indigo, she's eight years old...she's so little...scared but so strong, I wanted you to know that. There's something else you need to know. Atlanta isn't what we thought. It's not what they promised. The city is...do not enter the city. It belongs to the dead now. We're camped a few miles northwest, up by a big abandoned rock quarry. You can see it on a map. I hope you come find us. But be careful. Last night walkers came out of the woods. We lost people. Watch yourself, Morgan. Take care of your boy. I'll try you again tomorrow at dawn."

Rick walked down to Indi, smiling slightly. She was playing with her Bear, half asleep, which wasn't astounding since the walkers attacked last night. She hadn't slept, she was petrified, hell he wasn't surprised by that. Lori had told him that she saw the Walkers attack Amy. He shook the thoughts of the sight the poor girl must've seen...maybe if he was there, like they wanted him to be, maybe those people wouldn't have died...Amy wouldn't have died...Andrea would still be with her sister and Indigo wouldn't have had to see that. He slipped his hand into the little girls as she smiled at him softly.

"Let's get back to the others." He told her softly.

------------

Third P.O.V.

Andrea keeps vigil over the body of her dead sister. Lori slowly walked over to her saddened by the sight.

"Andrea. I'm so sorry. She's gone." Lori told the woman quietly, "You got to let us take her. We all cared about her and I promise we'll be as gentle as we can." Andrea didn't respond as Lori walked back over to the others, Rick and Indigo walking up to her. Indigo was overwhelmed by the sight, Daryl swung at the dead walkers heads with a pickaxe as Glenn and T-Dog throw bodies in a fire.

Rick looked over to Andrea, "She still won't move?"

"She won't even talk to us." Lori shook her head sadly, "She's been there all night. What do we do?"

Shane walked over to them as Indigo shrunk behind Rick a little embarrassed, "Can't just leave Amy like that. We need to deal with it same as the others."

"I'll tell her how it is." Rick responded as he approached Andrea but she quickly pulls a gun on him. Indigo flinches at the sight of the weapon, everyone freezing. "Andrea."

Andrea angrily stared him down, "I know how the safety works."

"All right. Okay." He told her backing away, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

Rick joined the others eyeing Andrea who choked on her own tears. Daryl approached them looking at the woman in spite, "Y'all can't be serious. Let that girl hamstring us? The dead girl's a time bomb."