Example: Swanna Girl and Braviary Man

Now, here is what a Review and a Promo will end up looking like. Notice how similar, yet different these are. Please, use this chapter as a reference as this is how it will be set up with your book information and everything.

I will be using my own book, Swanna Girl and Braviary Man, as an example. Please note, these are my thoughts about my own work, so there may be more mistakes than I'll point out due to the fact that I'm unaware of it, and there are also some things I may nitpick at more than usual. This is how I write reviews though as I don't catch everything, and what I do catch, I try to help the writer grow from it.

Keep in mind, even as a writer, I know I'm not perfect. Everyone has room to improve. These mistakes I've noticed in my own work will be fixed when I have time (which is when I get the trilogy finished).

Public Review

Swanna Girl and Braviary Man by @JunieWeathers

Genre: Action, Drama, Pokéfic, Romance

Chapters Reviewed: 15 Chapters (31 chapters)

Update Schedule: N/A

Years after Team Plasma has threatened Unova, a new threat, Team Miasma, has risen and plans on destroying the entire region. There's only one person who can save the region, at least there was until Nurse Joy's assistant, Sylvia Gray, accidentally found herself walking into the scene. Now, it's up to her and Unova's superhero, Braviary Man to save the day.

Warning: The writer has given me the clear to give spoilers. Read at your own risk.

The first thing that really caught my eye about this book was how the writer chose to incorporate superheroes into a Pokéfic. It was something that has popped up a couple of times in the anime, but I've hardly seen here on Wattpad. I really enjoyed it, especially since—like the anime—the heroes weren't given powers, but relied on their Pokémon. That makes them sound like everyday Trainers, but with the costumes, the hiding, and the flare that Swanna Girl and Braviary Man give, it really ties in nicely.

Swanna Girl is a very interesting character too. Her real name is Sylvia Gray, and at the beginning of the story, she despises superheroes. Or at least, she hates Braviary Man as he's running around Unova, failing to actually put a stop to Team Miasma. She starts out working as this Pokémon nurse assistant, where she wants to follow in the footsteps of her legal guardian, Nurse Joy. It's a very unique concept, and it shows her love for Pokémon right away. She does a lot of different actions to show how much she cared for them too, whether it's putting herself in danger to save an injured Pokémon, or stop everything she's doing to help those in need. This is how she became a superhero as she realized Braviary Man isn't doing what does for the fun of it, but is risking his life to keep everyone safe.

Another interesting character is Rena. At first, I was a bit confused in the prologue on her alleged anger issues she had. It didn't make sense. After all, when she meets Sylvia, and every scene they're together in, she seems pretty nice. Not once does she seem like she's going to blow a fuse or something. That changes the moment she realizes Sylvia has feelings for her brother, and she quickly turns into this irritable woman who seems unreasonable. It made more sense at this point, but I wished there was some way this could've been hinted at a bit better rather than happening all at once.

Speaking of things happening all at once, the romance of this book seemed a bit too sudden. Sylvia mentions how much she hate's Braviary Man, and even when she realized he's doing all he can about the situation going on, she still gets in a few arguments with him, even though she clearly doesn't dislike him anymore, but doesn't like-like him either. Then, out of the blue, the two kiss. Where did that come from? A relationship just doesn't pop out of the blue like that. I mean, sure, Rudi (AKA, Braviary Man) had an apparent crush on her, or at least, was arrogant and carried himself that would make it reasonable that he could've liked Sylvia, but her feelings towards him felt forced and too sudden.