[13] Orders And True Friends

"They can't just do that," Brandon yelled angrily, punching a tree and wincing slightly at the impact

"They can't just do that," Brandon yelled angrily, punching a tree and wincing slightly at the impact. Amelia was sobbing, tear after tear leaving her eyelids as she tried to cover her face. I, however, didn't know how to feel. I couldn't feel.

"Wake up girly." I opened my eyes and grimaced when the light met them. I soon re-opened them and made out a grinning Lauren, standing over me.

I pushed my body up, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. I stood up, cringing at the sound of my bones cracking and then noticed how everyone was gathered around a newly built fire. They all had grateful smiles on their faces and the corner of my lips lifted up a little at how happy they looked.

"Come eat with us," Adriel said joyfully and I raised an eyebrow, walking toward them expectantly. When I was close enough to see what they were doing, my grin spread from ear to ear.

I immediately sat down next to them around the fire and Nick handed me a small cooked bird. "Okay, when did you guys hunt?" I asked, taking a bite and munching on it slowly, allowing the taste to fill my mouth.

"Aiden and Lauren went hunting while Kenric and I kept watch," Brian answered and I nodded in understanding. "We have to start moving though." He looked at Aiden who shook his head.

"Why not?" Lauren raised an eyebrow, staring intently at Aiden. "Guys, we found somewhere deep in the jungle where there are no predators and a lot of birds to eat. Why can't we just stay here for a second night?" He reasoned.

"Yes, but predators probably smelled the birds cooking, Aiden. Also we need to go back to the river so we could drink some water," Jett said and to be honest, that boy is fucking smart.

Aiden let out a sigh before nodding his head. Nick patted Jett's shoulder a couple of times as if saying 'good job' and I was about to smile at Aiden but didn't when I saw him staring at my neck. Most specifically, my tattoo.

He suddenly stood up, still staring at my tattoo but his face, now, showed so much anger and hatred. Everyone stopped whatever they were doing and looked oddly at him.

"Stand up." He stepped forward. Holy God, the look he was giving me was fucking scary! Where is Beardy when you need him?

I did as told and got up to my feet. He motioned for me to come over to where he was standing and I scoffed. "Excuse me?"

"Felicity, just don't argue," Brian said as he swallowed heavily. My head snapped his way, "What? No, he's no Chief to me."

It's the truth. It has been the truth for so long.

Torryn and Aiden were no Chiefs to me ever since my twin brother was brutally tortured and killed in front of the whole village.

"Felicity-" Adriel was cut off by her own gasp when Aiden grabbed my hips and pushed me harshly against a tree. Everyone immediately stood up defensively but didn't dare do anything.

The push didn't really hurt since he was careful not to hurt my upper body. My back was good.

Thankfully.

With his fingers, he forced the left bra strap down my shoulder along with the loose top, so my left collarbone was completely bare.

Even though I stopped being obedient and respectful toward him and his father, I was frozen. I couldn't stop him because a part of me still fears him.

My eyes followed his every move as did the others'.

"Aiden, what are you doing?" Lauren asked and he ignored her, focusing on the tattoo and then letting my body go. I lifted the straps up and shoved him backward with all my might but he only just stumbled a little.

"No wonder you were there," he practically growled at me and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"What do you mean by 'you'? What is wrong with me?" I yelled back and he sighed as if I was forcing him to tell me something he doesn't want to say.

"You're a... Damn it, Felicity, you're a low rank," he said, his voice holding a little shame.

"Well that low rank is the one who fought for your life." I poked his chest forcefully and he didn't waste any time to grab my wrists, making me wince.

"It's not that," he said through gritted teeth. "The tattoo, Felicity. When did you get it?"

"I don't remember."

"How?"

"I don't remember," I answered, my voice raising.

"What do you remember?" He yelled and I flinched at his tone.

"Nothing," I started wiggling my wrists out of his death grip, "I remember nothing, Aiden." I shook my head, feeling the tears brimming in my eyes.

His eyes inspected my face and almost immediately, his look softened, he swallowed and his grip on my wrists became less powerful.

I felt a tear slip out of my right eye as he let my arms fall to my sides. I backed up to create distance between both of our bodies. Actually, I just didn't want to be that close to him because he's an asstown and he made me cry.

"Don't ever talk to her," he said to the group and then turned to look at me, "And Felicity, you walk away from us."

My mouth fell agape and my eyes went round. "Can you at least explain why?" I asked.

"You can't just do that, Aiden," Nick defended while the others stood frozen in place. Of course, they wouldn't dare talk with disrespect to their future Chief but Nick can since he's the future right hand. He's not just any eminent.

"Nick stay out of it." Aiden pushed past him and was about to pass me but I took hold of his forearm, causing him to stop and look at me.

I let go of his arm and stood right in front of him. "At least tell me why," I pleaded, my voice sounding so desperate. He raised his hand to wipe my tears away but didn't when I flinched. He sighed and put his hand back down before passing me.

I stood there, completely dumbfounded while the others walked by me, giving me regretful looks.

Vela looked up at me and said, "I love you." Then she left after Kenric who was waiting for her.

Nick wrapped his arms around my neck and mine naturally secured around his waist. This time, my tears came out as a choked sob. He reminded of Zane so damn much.

"Felicity, you're making me cry," Zane said, engulfing me in a hug as I cried in his arms. "He'll be okay." He stroked my hair gently and kept whispering sweet nothings in my ear.

Nick pulled away and held me at arms' length, "I'm not ignoring you. Aiden could shove his order up his-"

"Okay," I smiled, "I get it."

He laughed and took my hand in his, "Come on. You're not staying behind."