Ch.8

Calum's pov

I sat on the floor, watching Stars Wars, hoping that it would distract me.

Michael had been gone for about 20 minutes and had left his phone. I was a bit concerned.

I then realised how much I needed to get a fucking grip. How pathetic I was being. I picked up my phone from the coffee table and searched through my contacts until I found Anna's.

"What do you want Calum?" she snapped at me down the phone.

"I- I just want to apologise. I know I've been a bit, for lack of a better word, off for the past few days. I have been a shit boyfriend and would love to make it up to you. Can I take you on a date?" I ask, and, for some reason, it felt wrong.

"Of course you can babe, I know how hard you've been working. What time do you want to go?" she asks and I sigh.

"I will pick you up at 7, if that's okay."

"That's fine babe, love you." she says.

"Love you too." I say quickly, too quickly and then hang up.

I walk back out into the living room and sit down and continued to watch Anakin turning badass.

I then hear someone knock on the door. I roll my eyes, Michael had probably forgotten his keys again.

I walk over to the door and open it.

But it's not Michael on the other side, it's Luke.

"H-hey C-Calum." he says and I just stand there. I then realise how awkward I'm being and say,

"Do you want to come in?"

He nods slowly and I move out the way so he can walk in.

"Are you okay Luke. I know it's sounds weird, but I've been worried about you. I mean you haven't answered my calls or texts. What's up?" I say, trying to act casual and failing.

"S-sorry, I just, I-I, my- phone it's b-broke." He lies. It's so obvious that he's lying that I almost feel bad for him.

"Luke, look. If you don't want to be friends with me, that's fine okay? I understand. Please just tell me now though." I say and begin to panic.

"No, no. I really want to be your friend C-Calum you're r-really cool, it's just, i-it's just that....." he trails off.

"It's just what?" I ask and frown.

Suddenly his whole face softens and he timidly puts his arms around me and hugs me. I smile so wide I think my lips could split.

"It's nothing. I do want to be your friend Calum." he whispers and I hug him tighter.

"Really?" I ask shyly.

"Y-yeah. I really do." he whispers.

Michael's pov

I stood outside the door and smirked. I was extremely proud of myself. I had told Luke about Calum's state and that he better stop being an ass and sort it out. It felt wrong to shout at Luke, like kicking a puppy, but whiny Calum was the worst Calum. I peeked my head around the door and saw them standing there hugging. Luke was facing me and he looked directly at me. I gave him a thumbs up and a cheeky wink before turning around and walking to the pizza place, letting then have their moment.

To be honest, it was weird seeing Calum like that. He never got that...caring, about anyone. Not even Anna. As I'm walking out of the block of flats, there she is.

"Speak of the devil." I say and she glares at me.

"Did Cal tell you we were going out tonight?" she asks and flips her dark hair out of her dark eyes.

"No but congratulations. Why are you here?" I ask.

"To get my makeup. I left some here and need it."

"I'll buy you some new makeup." I say, not wanting her to ruin Calum and Luke's bonding session. Anna would probably assume something stupid and think that they were having sex.

"What?!" she asks and her eyes go wide. I roll my eyes and drag her along.

"Calum's busy with his work so I don't want you disturbing that." I pull her over to a corner and pull out my wallet from my pocket.

"Here's some money. Buy some makeup. Consider it as a present from me for you and Calum's anniversary." I say and flash her a fake smile before turning around and walking back down the street.

"Michael!" she shouts.

"What!?" I shout back and turn around.

"Thank you." she says and smiles before walking away.

It's funny what money does to girls.

A/N - hi, so I feel like it seems that I'm rushing Calum and Luke's friendship, but I just wanted to show how close they have become in such a short space of time. Soon there will be a slightly more *cough* romantic scene, probably in the next chapter or two.

Also, Michael is staring to figure out that Calum has maybe some stronger feelings for Luke.

Thanks for reading, please vote if you enjoyed and comment.

-Maisie

~sorry for any typos or mistakes, I'm working on it ;)