Ch.22

Mikey's pov

"Where the fuck is he!?" I shout to myself as Ashton collapsed into my arms. I couldn't think straight. I cradled Ashton in my arms and tried to calm myself down but couldn't find a good enough reason to.

After what seemed like hours I heard Calum bust through the door.

"Hurry the fuck up!" I yell as he trips over his own feet.

He kneels down and presses the inhaler into Ashton's mouth. Ashton breaths it in weakly.

We sit there in a nervous and tense silence until Ashton eyelids start to flutter.

"Ashton." I breath out before cuddling him to me.

"Mikey, what happened?" he whimpers and my heart hurts.

"I'll explain later Ash, you get some rest." I say and he nods before closing his eyes. I stroke his hair and rest my hand on his warm forehead.

I pick him up gently, surprised at how light he is, and carry him up to his room.

I placed him on the bed and went downstairs.

"Mikey, what happened to him? What caused it?" Calum asked, concerned.

"I can't tell you, not yet. It's not my place. I'm sure Ashton will tell you soon enough anyway." I say and gulp.

"Okay. Just make sure he's okay. I'm going to get back to Luke." he says and smiles fondly when his says the word 'Luke'.

I roll my eyes teasingly and he giggles before frowning.

"Mikey, are you sure nothing happened with you and Ash? Is that why he had an asthma attack?" he asks.

I pause.

"Well, I, yeah. Yeah." I say and break down sobbing. Calum rushes forward and hugs me right.

"Shhh, Mikey. It's okay." he tried to soothe me.

"No! Calum he kissed me and told me that he loves me!" I sob and clutch Calum tighter.

"He what?! I thought he was into the pizza guy!" Calum says loudly.

"I just don't know what to do Cal." I say and he rubs my back.

"Mikey, you and Ashton, you can get through anything. If you don't love him back, that's not your fault. You just need to be there for him. It will be awkward and sad and tense and Ashton will feel like shit for awhile but you can't give up your friendship. It's too important. You just need to be there for him." Calum says.

Thank god I made friends with Calum. He truly was amazing.

"Thank you Cal, you can go back to Luke now. I will go and check on Ash." I say and hug Calum one last time before he goes home.

I walk upstairs and see Ashton lying on the bed, his face flushed and dry tear tracks running down his usually happy (but now sad) face. How could I ever hurt this boy.

I walk over to the bed and lay down next to him running my hand through his curlyish hair. He sighed and leaned up to my touch.

"Don't ever leave me Mikey." he whispered in his sleep before rolling over and wrapping his strong arms around my waist.

"I'm right here Ash, I'm right here."

A/N - sorry this was another Mashton chapter but I just get distracted :)

Next chapter will be Calum and Luke's date though (yaaaaaaay) there may or may not be a slightly more *cough* graphic scene but I will put a warning before incase you don't want to read that.

This chapter broke me. As you can see, Michael doesn't love Ashton that way....yet. But all will end well ;)

Thanks for reading!

Please vote if you enjoyed and comment and questions or concerns or anything you want to add.

-Maisie

sorry for errors. I wrote this at 3am (oops)