Ch.47

Calum's pov

Once we reached Luke's house he unlocked the door, held my hand tightly and lead me in. I was still shaken up about Mikey. Luke told me to sit on the couch as he went off to make me some hot chocolate. I sent him a weak smile. Suddenly my phone started to ring, it was my mum.

"Hello?"

"Calum darling! Sorry to be phoning so late. I was just wondering if-"

"Mum, now's not really a good time." I said in a shaky voice.

"What happened, sweetheart?" she asked, worry clear in her voice.

"Mikey...he was in a c-car accident." I whisper and hear her gasp.

"Oh honey! Is he going to be okay?"

"I th-think s-so. Ash is with him at th-the hospital." I half-sobbed out.

"You're not alone, are you?" she asked.

"No, Luke's here with me."

"Good. Okay, I'll leave you be then. Keep me posted with Mikey. I love you darling." she says in a concerned tone.

"Love you too mum." I whisper back before hanging up. As I place the phone down, Luke walks in with the steaming mug.

"H-here you go Cal." he says and carefully places the mug on the table next to the couch "it's really hot and I d-don't want to burn your hands." he says quietly and sits down next to me.

"Thanks angel." I say and he blushes.

"That's okay. H-how are you doing?" he asks and I gently sigh.

"I'm not doing so well." I mumble and Luke shifts closer to me, placing a soft kiss on my cheek. I smile lightly and wrap my arms around his slim waist. He places his head on my chest.

"He'll be fine. I p-promise." Luke say softly and tightens his arms around me. I kiss his hair, breathing in the soft vanilla smell. "I l-love you." he stutters out.

"I love you too babe, so much. I'm so glad you're here with me right now." I say and place another soft kiss on his smooth forehead. Luke's breathing evened out, I started humming lightly and ran my fingers through his hair, he lightly purred and I smiled down at him. He looked so delicate and peaceful, I nearly had a heart attack when my phone started ringing. I glanced down at it. It was Ashton.

"Ash?" I asked quickly, gently moving Luke's head off my chest and resting it gently on the couch cushion. I left the room so that I didn't wake him.

"Cal, oh my god." he breathed out.

"What?! What happened?!" I asked, my heart heavy.

"Michael....kissed me. Calum, he kissed me. Why, why did he do that?" I let out a relieved sigh.

"Look Ash, the doctor said he would be pretty loopy. However, I think he is in love with you." I say and he gasps.

"He's straight and-"

"Mhm, sure. Look Ash, before the- the accident, Mikey was with me and he was going on and on about your bloody date and trust me, no friend would care that much. So if he kissed you, I take it he's okay?" I asked hopefully.

"Yeah. He seemed fine but maybe that's the medication. He's out of it now, after he kissed me he just grabbed my cheek and squished it whilst making weird noises, then he just flopped back down and fell asleep. I'm going to stay here with him though. Are you coming in the morning?" he asks.

"Yeah, for sure. Are you sure you want to stay there Ash? I get it that you don't want to leave him alone but I could go and sit with him for a bit." I offer.

"No, no that's okay. Thanks though." he replies quickly and I smirk.

"God, you love him. Speaking of love, how was your hot date?" I ask, curiously.

"Hot, he was smoking hot. But he's not Mikey." he says quietly.

"I get it Ash." I say before saying goodnight and hanging up.

I walk back into the living room where Luke was still fast asleep. I gently lifted him up bridal style and carried him to his room. Once I'd lay him down I took off his shoes and threw them on the floor. I then took off his tight jeans and went to his closet to find a comfier t-shirt. I found an oversized Green Day shirt that looked familiar, it was mine. I smiled and swapped his shirts.

"You're such a heavy sleeper babe." I whispered lightly before placing a soft blanket over him and walking to his organized desk, picking up a sticky note.

Hi darling,

In case you wake up and I'm not here, I've gone out to clear my head. I love you, thanks for being so lovely tonight, I don't know what I'd do without you. See you soon babe.

-Cal xoxox

I placed the note on the pillow next to him before kissing his soft cheek and walking quietly out the room. Tonight had been one strange, surreal night. Mikey seemed okay but something was still bothering me.

As I left Luke's apartment and out onto the cold Manchester streets I pulled out my phone. I decided to call my mum.

"Cally honey? Has something happened?" she asks frantically.

"No mum, everything's fine. I just, I have something to tell you. It's kind of..important." I say quietly, biting my lip.

"Okay, go ahead sweetie, I'm listening." she says kindly.

"Mum, I have.... I have a....."

"You have a what Calum? A tattoo?" she says and chuckles.

"Yes but that's not it."

"What is it then honey?"

"I have a boyfriend mum. Luke is my boyfriend."

a/n - Heyhey! How are you all? Long time no update, amirite? I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, it was kind of a filler but I'm nearing the end now so yay.

Thank you to everyone that has read and voted and commented, you guys are incredible.

Sounds good feels good is also INCREDIBLE and it made my heart hurt. Is anyone going to sounds live feels live??? I'm going to Manchester Arena on April 22nd and IM SO EXCITED :D. What's your favourite song on the album? I haven't decided yet bc they are all amazing.

-Maisie xox

p.s - rip luke_is_a_penguin :( sad times

p.p.s - soz fer errors! im tireddddddd