Chapter XXXVII

Chapter XXXVII

Lucas

"MADDIE!" Jordan screamed as we reached Max's limp body.

Her breaths were shallow and tears rolled down her face as she a squinted her eyes, trying to fight the pain and failing. I lifted her gently and let her rest on my lap as Jordan lifted her shirt and examined the wound.

"Max, stay with me." I whispered to comfort both her and me, "You'll be okay, just stay with me. Please, just don't give up on me."

"It's deep." Jordan said wearily, "Without elf healing, there's no way she'll make it."

I could feel tears rolling down my cheeks, "It's okay, just a little longer. You'll be okay, I promise."

"I'm he- Oh my god." Maddie knelt down beside us, Phil just behind her, "What the hell happened?"

Max lifted herself and tried to talk, but all that came out were bloody coughs. Maddie shushed her quietly, "Not you. You need to preserve your lungs for as long as possible. Just breathe." She looked up at me, "Lucas, what happened?"

"She- She got shot." I stuttered, "Coin's gun, I think."

"She's needs to be healed. She's not gonna survive without it." Jordan added.

"Is the bullet still in her stomach?" Phil asked.

"Yes." Jordan confirmed.

Maddie and Phil looked at each other solemnly, then back at Max, but neither of them made any movement to help. "What are you waiting for?" I coughed out.

Maddie shook her head, "I can't heal her."

"What?!" I yelled, "Maddie-"

"Lucas, the bullet is still in her. I can't heal her until it's out. If I do, not only will it definitely kill her, that kind of power has enough potential to kill every living thing on this island."

Max tried to say something again, but was quickly shushed by Maddie. My eyes were still full of tears when I managed to choke out, "We can't just let her die."

"MADDIE!" We heard a voice quickly coming closer, and soon Ali was kneeling with us as well, holding a gun and a handful of bullets, "Mad, you gotta see this."

"What?!" Maddie said impatiently.

Ali held out the bullets, "Check these out."

Maddie frowned, holding one lightly between her fingers, "Are those silver?"

Ali nodded quickly, "Yeah. You know what this means, right?" When nobody answered, she sighed, "I'm not certain, but I may be able to lift the bullet out of her using Hazel's ferrokinesis."

That's when I felt her go limp. When I looked down, she wasn't breathing. "Max? No, Max, no! Please, no."

"We don't have time for anything else." Maddie said quickly, and I could hear her choking back tears, "Do it, before we lose her completely."

Ali nodded, setting the gun down behind her and holding her shaking hand over Max's wound. She closed her eyes tightly, obviously concentrating heavily on lifting the bullet, perhaps a little more than she should've.

Max's body lurched upwards and Ali smiled victoriously, "Got it."

Maddie immediately leapt for Max's stomach, and as soon as she reached it, blue sparks were cascading into the wound like a waterfall. Maddie's hands began to shake and her eyes seemed to glow an even brighter blue. The hole in Max's stomach began to glow the same shade of blue as Maddie's healing sparks, and the glow continued to become brighter and brighter until it was too painful to look at.

Suddenly, we heard a loud grunt and Maddie flew backwards, landing on the ground a couple dozen yards away and not moving. Phil ran to check on her while Ali and I stayed and watched as the sparks began to fade away, revealing almost no trace of the bullet hole.

"Are you alright?" Phil asked Maddie worriedly as she came to.

She sat up slowly, holding her head gingerly, "Minor concussion. It'll heal itself in a couple minutes. I'm fine. Worry about her."

Max still hadn't moved. I looked down at her and gently stroked her cheek, "Come on, Max."

Her lips parted slightly, and she let out a quiet cough. Suddenly, she was breathing again. Her eyes fluttered open slowly, quickly landing on me. She smirked slightly, "Hey Rothchild."

I laughed and pulled her into a tight hug, and as I felt her squeeze me back, I knew I was never going to let her go again.

·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·Author's Note!!!·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·

Tada. Not dead.

Anywho, I just downloaded an app called Rick Riordan's Demigods of Olympus. It's an interactive story thingy written by Uncle Rick.

My name is Catherine Howell. My strength is physical strength and my weakness is bitterness. I have a long, thin scar on my lower back.

BUT I NEED THREE DOLLAR TO CONTINUE!!!!!!!! D: I DON'T HAVE ITUNES MONEY!

Soooooo vote, comment, fan, blah blah blah blah blah.

Siz uşaqlar proqram almaq lazımdır. Bu zəhmli deyil. Şənbə gözləyirik!

~ Maddie