Chapter XVIII

Chapter XVIII

Ida

Have you ever imagined dying? I ask this rhetorically, of course, but in all honesty, does anyone? I know I didn't, and when my time came, I was terrified.

I'm getting ahead of myself, aren't I? UrI'm not very good at this suspense thing, but I suppose I should give it a shot.

So, I guess you could say it was caused by pride, maybe by ambition, possibly even by arrogance. Either way, my problem began when I attacked.

Everyone questions why I'm a hippie (in a way, minus the hallucinogenic drugs part (or so you think)). Everyone wonders why I'm so against belligerence. This is why, people! All it does is cause problems.

I'm ahead of myself again. Anyways, after the Heart and Nottingham takedown, Cassidy and I decided to lead an attack against Apophis's demon army. We took Carson and Melanie with us, and things started going wrong the minute we got there.

I guess I should start explaining things chronologically. That would make the most sense. So the first problem was our terrible strategizing. We may or may not have taken the demons to be the "preach chaos" type and not the "I shall kill you and chew on your bones" type. Needless to say, it was a bit harder than we thought. As always.

So on top of that shit, they weren't even guarding Apophis. I know, right? I was very pissed at that point.

Um yeah, so that wasn't even close to the worst part. I didn't think that attack could go any worse, and then it did. So I was a little bit screwed.

Anyways, about halfway through the ranks of angry demon monsters, after I stabbed one with my swastika (just kidding: it was a knife (how many of you did I get?)), I was even warned about my impending doom. As I pulled my weapon out of the demon's back, I heard Cassidy yell, "IDA! LOOK OUT!"

I may have had enough time to react, but I guess I'll never know because I most certainly didn't. The tail hit me right in the gut, and I screamed as I sailed backward, flying fifteen feet before I hit a tree.

When my vision came back (sort of), I found a giant snake looming over me. Apophis smiled (as much as a snake could) and his eyes glowed a dark and sickly yellow. I was too weak to use any powers, and when I reached for my knife, I found it had fallen out of its sheath.

I was defenseless. As Apophis opened his mouth, fangs glinting in the sun, I did the only thing I could think of. I screamed the first name that popped into my mind.

"TANNER!!!" I screamed. I watched, horrified, as Apophis lowered his head, aiming his fangs at my stomach. I saw the glint of light as a sword slashed up, sending Apophis's blood spilling across the ground (and on my face a little bit; that was gross). I felt someone pull me away as the snake fell forward, landing right where I'd been laying.

I turned to see Tanner holding my arm with one hand, gripping a bloody sword in the other. He smiled, "You called."

I laughed, "You answered."

Then, without thinking, I pulled him towards me and pressed my lips against his. He seemed to hesitate for a moment, then wrapped his arms around me, pulling me closer to him. When we finally pulled apart, he grinned, "Why'd you do that?"

I smirked, "Why not?"

·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·Author's Note!!!·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·

BOOM! ROMANCE!

So voila!

Molimo glasovati, komentar, i ventilator. Vi ste najbolji! Volim vas sve!

~ Maddie