Chapter XXIX

Chapter XXIX

Maddie

"Well?" I asked impatiently.

Amy held up her finds, "I got you a sticky note pad and a pen."

I shrugged, "More than I thought you would find."

"Why do you need this stuff again?"

"I have a plan." I looked up at her mischievously, "Wanna watch?"

She frowned, as if the decision were difficult, "Hm, let's see... Fight a bunch of stupid trolls and try to kill evil villains through physical combat, or watch you do something really weird but probably awesome whilst not having to physically fight anybody who wants to kill me?" She smirked, "Lead the way, brainiac."

I did so, leading her towards the trees on the west side of the field. While she defended me against any evil army person stupid enough to try to attack us, I wrote my plan down. It wasn't my best work (by far, I might add), but it'd do.

If it worked. Which it should. I hoped.

God, my life sucks.

"Watch it, Mad." Amy stopped me right before I ran into an oak tree. "You almost done with that... whatever that is?"

"Juuusssstttt finished." I said. "Prepare to be amazed."

"With you, I don't think anything could surprise me anymore."

"We'll see." I grabbed her arm tightly, "You ready?"

"For what?"

"Hold on tight." With that, I jumped and flapped my wings, rising into the air quickly and surprisingly quite quietly. You know, except for Amy's screams of terror.

I make a very good friend.

I dropped her on a sturdy branch near the top of the oak tree I'd almost ran into earlier before landing on the branch myself. We had a perfect view of the battlefield and, most importantly, of Capricorn. I probably could have just shot him down from there, but where's the fun in that, am I right?

Amy glared at me, "Don't ever do that again."

"No complaining." I countered, "I did give you a choice of coming."

She rolled her eyes, "So what's your creepy plan that'll be weird and awesome at the same time and ultimately save us from some awfully terrible situation?"

I gave her a look, "Do you guys rehearse these questions or something?"

"Yes, now answer it."

"Have you read Inkheart?"

"No, give me the short version."

"You should. It's a good read." When I saw her glare, I continued, "Anyway, the entire series is about a type of person called a Silvertounge. They're able to read characters out of their books."

"Cool. How does that help us?"

"No interrupting. One other Silvertounge capability is making things happen by reading them. Like reading a line, and exactly what you read happens."

Amy's eyes widened, "So you're gonna-"

"Uh huh."

"That's what you were doing with the-"

"Yup."

She looked impressed, "Cool."

I pulled out the sticky notes, "Here goes nothing."

I started to read.

·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·Author's Note!!!·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·

Aaaaaaannd somewhat satisfying awful cliffhanger, BUT NOT REALLY JUST YET! 😁

So remember how I mentioned my injured wrist... I now have a sprained RCL. Thanks lacrosse...

So vote, comment, fan, follow me on Twitter and Instagram, like my Facebook page, visit my website, blah blah blah 😊

Siyabonga ukwesekwa yakho yonke! Kusho wonke umuntu lot! Nginithanda nonke!

~ Maddie 😋