Chapter XIII

Chapter XIII

Ali

My knife skills are spectacular. If you ever see me in person, I shall blow your tiny, fragile minds. I am probably never going anywhere again without a knife. Including school.

You think I'm joking? Aww, that's cute.

Anyways, back to the relevant information that isn't as fun to write about.

I pulled a knife out of a peacekeeper's back and yelled, "George! We need to get over there now!"

He yanked his sword out of another guard, "Following you!"

I started running towards the other side of the field, knowing George, Tanner, and Lucas were following behind me. We were heading towards the cold part of the field, the place where I knew the White Witch would be.

Yeah, part of the field was colder than the rest of it. Freaky, right?

Any-who, we quickly figured out that the witch was guarded by an army of dark dwarfs, hags, and etcetera. Back to the stabbing and fighting.

Aaaaaaaaaand boom goes the dynamite.

We all knew that we weren't gonna be able to keep the fighting going forever, and as I stabbed a dwarf between the shoulder blades (I'm assuming it was extremely painful based on the scream), an idea flashed into my mind.

Why didn't I think of that before.

It was perfect. Or at least I hoped it was perfect, 'cause I didn't have anything better. I closed my eyes (all the while still stabbing bad guys with my incredible skill), and sent a mind message to George. Keep fighting. Get through the defensive line ASAP. Keep her distracted. I've got a plan.

I sent a quick message to Lucas and Tanner, telling them what to do, and then bounded my way through the ranks towards the trees on the left side of the field. I soon found myself standing in front of a tall pine, and the next thing I knew, I was climbing it.

I tested each branch above me, praying for a solid one that I could stand on and crying as I had to go higher and higher. I was surprised that I hadn't yet been attacked. With my back turned and exposed, I was about the easiest target in the history of targets. Jadis's army was either too unskilled, too lazy, or too dumb to try to take me down. Not that I'm complaining or anything. I actually quite appreciate it.

I almost screamed praise to the almighty lord that I do not worship because I am not religious when I finally found a solid branch. I pulled myself up towards the edge of the branch, but close enough to the trunk that I wasn't going to fall to my death.

Wait a second, I have wings. Why am I worried? I'm an idiot...

Anyways, I noticed George had finally forced his way through the ranks (I've officially determined that I'm not dead because they're all idiots), and now stood face to face with Jadis. I smiled. Perfect, sassy pants. Now keep her distracted.

I nodded to Lucas and Tanner, who were both on the ground (lucky assholes). We were ready. I pulled a dagger off of my belt while Lucas aimed an arrow and Tanner readied himself to run in with his sword. I calmed my heart rate and took a deep breath.

I threw the knife.

Something went wrong. The dagger stopped almost immediately, only a few inches from my hand, and stayed there, dangling in midair. My vision went gray as if I'd become color blind. I tipped over and fell off the branch, and I couldn't move a single muscle in my body.

As I fell, though I couldn't move my eyes, I saw Tanner and Lucas in their positions. They were frozen; turned completely to stone along with their weapons.

Then I registered the fact that I couldn't move. Which meant no wings to save me from the cold, hard, and very scary ground. Plus, I was very capable of cracking into a million tiny stone Ali pieces at that point.

This isn't gonna end well.

·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·Author's Note!!!·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·

Holaz!

I missed my update yesterday because I had an AP exam, and then I went home and slept. So yeah, you guys can live with it.

Soooooooooo.... Am I blowing your minds? 😉

More to come tomorrow!

Glasovati i komentirati prilično molim! Volim vas! Volio bih neke više obožavatelja previše!

~ Maddie