Chapter XXXV

Chapter XXXV

Makayla

"This sounds like it's going to be extremely entertaining." I said immediately.

Jordan nodded, "Trust me, it will be."

Lucas looked like he was going to pass out, "Have you both lost your minds? That's the best you could come up with?!"

Jordan shrugged, "Worked last time when Maddie did it."

"Yeah, not a valid argument considering Maddie prefers her bow to any other weapon, and she doesn't miss."

"Hey, Lucas. Look at me." I grabbed his chin and forcefully turned his face toward me. Then I smacked him. Really hard. "Snap out of it. You'll be fine."

Jordan was cracking up, "That's it, Max. Keep the stubborn asshole in line."

Lucas was still rubbing his cheek gingerly and glaring at me, "Fine, but if I miss, it's your fault."

Jordan shrugged, "I can live with that."

I winked at her, "I'm ready when you are."

She smirked, "And I'm always ready."

We ran opposite ways, getting into position on either side of the ranks of peacekeepers guarding Coin. I turned to look at Lucas, who still looked like a vampire was about to suck his blood, giving him an encouraging nod, not that it helped, when I heard Jordan come in on the comm.

"You're up, Max. Break a leg."

I drew my pistol and pointed it straight up, firing three shots and gaining the attention of pretty much every enemy in existence. "Over here, losers!"

As the peacekeepers began to charge in my direction with raised weapons, I could hear Jordan yell, "Half of you should definitely come my way instead! That would make things a lot more interesting."

Half of the peacekeepers suddenly decided to turn around and make their way towards Jordan instead, and I could see Coin glaring at her forces, obviously very disappointed with their performances. Honestly, I don't blame her.

Lucas acted quickly. He armed his bow with an arrow and aimed almost simultaneously. "Bye bye, bitch." He said. Then the arrow flew.

Coin was hit right in the temple. Her eyes rolled into the back of her head and she let off one shot from her pistol before hitting the ground.

The peacekeepers all stopped running immediately. They looked around at their surroundings, obviously confused as to where they were, and then they all fell face first to the ground. Somehow, they were all dead. Don't ask me how, I wouldn't know.

"Yes! I win!" Lucas yelled victoriously. Then he looked towards me, and his face fell, "Max?"

I didn't react. I was still staring at Coin's still figure. Slowly, my eyes shifted down to look at my stomach. Shakily, I moved my hand away, revealing the dark red stain on my shirt that was quickly growing.

·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·Author's Note!!!·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·

Sorry I'm late on the update. Crazy couple of days. Figured I should get one out, even though it's a day late.

I'm gonna run now before real Max reads this and destroys me.

Too scared of Max to pick a new theme. I'll do that next week.

Vote and comment, all that jazz. Bye.

~ Maddie