Chapter 50: Hair Knotted With No Doubts

When Xiao Yao brought Jing to go see the Royal Mother, they saw a white bird perched on the peach blossom branch outside. Xiao Yao said to Jing “This is Lie Yang.”

Jing bowed respectfully to Lie Yang who took stock of Jing before saying “The Royal Mother is awake. Go inside!”

Jing and Xiao Yao entered the residence and saw the Royal Mother laying on the pallet with Sir Bi and Shui Hong beside her. Jing walked forward to bow “Jing respectfully greets the Royal Mother.”

The Royal Mother coldly stared at him while drinking her wine, acting nonchalant.

Jing kneeled down “Xiao Yao’s mother entrusted Xiao Yao to Your Highness before she went off to war. Your Highness raised Xiao Yao for seventy years, and afterwards continued to look after her. It’s proper for Xiao Yao to do your bidding but Xiao Yao is my wife and I cannot allow her to take over Jade Mountain.”

The Royal Mother coldly huffed “You think being the Royal Mother of Jade Mountain is a job to take one day and discard the next?””

Xiao Yao said down beside the Royal Mother and grabbed her arm “My good surrogate mother, can you stop tormenting him for fun!”

The Royal Mother sighed and barked at Jing “Get up! When a girl is grown she flies the coop, there is nothing to keep her anyways!”

“Thank Your Highness!” Jing bowed his head three times before getting up.

Shui Hong asked “If Xiao Yao isn’t going to take over Jade Mountain, who will be the next Royal Mother?”

The Royal Mother glanced at Sir Bi who spoke “I already sent a carrier bird to notify Bai Zhi, the ceremony can delay a few days with no problem.”

“Bai Zhi?” Shui Hong thought and sighed “She is very suitable indeed.”

The Royal Mother said “Since you don’t object, then so be it! Send the notice to the world during the succession ceremony that Bai Zhi will become the next Royal Mother, ruler of Jade Mountain.”

“Yes!” Shui Hong bowed before leaving.

The Royal Mother asked Xiao Yao and Jing “What are your plans next?”

Jing looked at Xiao Yao who smiled back “Your Highness said that where one’s heart is at ease then that is home. The world is so vast, we will find a place for us away from it all.”

The Royal Mother nodded “If one’s heart is at peace then anywhere can become a home. You guys pack up and leave then!”

Xiao Yao spoke up “I don’t want to leave! I want…….”

“I know, you want to see me pass on.”

“Your Highness, I……”

The Royal Mother raised her hand up “You all want to be with me when I die but I don’t want you to see me die.”

Xiao Yao and Sir Bi could not contain their sadness as Xiao Yao said “I want to stay a few more days.”

“Whatever you want! I’m tired and you all…….” The Royal Mother was about to send them away when Sir Bi coughed slightly to remind her, so the Royal Mother suddenly changed topics “You guys know there is a voodoo bug in Xiao Yao’s body?’

Xiao Yao’s expression dimmed so Jing replied “We know.”

The Royal Mother said “When Xiao Yao was unconscious, I discovered the voodoo bug in her and broke the spell. You guys don’t have a problem with that, right?”

Jing was ecstatic and stuttered a bit “You mean, Your Highness got rid of the voodoo bug from Xiao Yao’s body?”

The Royal Mother coldly stared “Are you doubting me?”