Chapter 21: Embracing in Life, Following in Death

Even though neither Xiao Yao nor Zhuan Xu cared to celebrate the lunar new year, Xiao Yao still felt Sheng Nong Mountain was too desolate and planned to go back to keep Zhuan Xu company.

Xing Yue said “Even if you go back, it’s still the two of you in the huge Zhi Jin Palace. Why not have Zhuan Xu come here and we can barbecue while viewing the snowfall.”

Xiao Yao asked “That’s okay? My Gege and your Gege have been only meeting in public settings to avoid arousing attention, and the last time it was using your birthday party as an excuse.”

Xing Yue said “Don’t worry, my Gege arranged everything already. Zhuan Xu is the Prince and he is living all alone on Sheng Nong Mountain for the palace renovations. My dad is not just a Sheng Nong royal descendant, he’s also the ruler of Zhi Yi Castle and administers to the people of the Middle Plains. No matter what identity, he ought to host a thank you gathering for Zhuan Xu. Last year my dad wasn’t at home so nothing was done, it would actually be weird if my dad didn’t do something this year for Zhuan Xu. My Gege asked our dad to invite Zhuan Xu for a short stay in the residence to celebrate the lunar new year and no one will question that.”

Xiao Yao laughed “That’s great. I didn’t want to go back to Sheng Nong Mountain, it’s more fun in the castle.”

A few days later, Zhuan Xu arrived at Little Zhu Rong’s residence.

Xing Yue took Zhuan Xu to his residence and wanted to stay a bit but the lady of the house was busiest preparing for the lunar new year celebrations so she reluctantly said to Zhuan Xu “I’ll come see you tonight, Gege won’t be home until tomorrow.”

Xiao Yao was giggling off in the corner and Xing Yue glared at her before leaving with her face all red.

Xiao Yao said to Zhuan Xu “Thank god you didn’t bring Jin Xuan and Xiao Xiao. Xing Yue knows you have those two beside you, but she’s still anxious about it. Seeing you didn’t bring your maids, she seems relieved and even her smile is extra sweet. When we first met Xing Yue she was such an arrogant girl, Gege how did you tame her so that she not only is willing to follow you anywhere, she’s even willing to let you bring along other girls.”

Zhuan Xu ignored her teasing and stared at her “You’ve been happy these past few months? If I didn’t come, you were just going to totally forget about me?”

Xiao Yao sheepishly smiled “If you didn’t come, I was going to obediently go back to Sheng Nong Mountain.”

Zhuan Xu coldly huffed and Xiao Yao pouted “If you don’t believe me, go ask Xing Yue. I even told her I was leaving, and only after hearing Feng Long’s arrangement did I continue to stay.”

Zhuan Xu’s expression softened a bit but then he harshly said “That Tu Shan Jing is everywhere! He’s already engaged with the Fang Feng family’s daughter, what right does he have to compete with Feng Long for you!”

Xiao Yao sat down beside him “Gege!”

Zhuan Xu stared at her and she sincerely said “If I say he has the right, then he has the right. Plus there is no competition, he doesn’t even need to compete with Feng Long because I never considered Feng Long.”

Zhuan Xu was silent and expressionless for a moment and then he spoke “I hear the Grand Madam of the Tu Shan clan really likes Fang Feng Yi Yang. She keeps her by her side and teaches her personally. Everyone already treats her like she’s the next lady of the house. The Grand Madam doesn’t care whether Jing likes Yi Yang, what matters is whether Yi Yang fits her requirements. She won’t allow the engagement to be broken, and the Fang Feng family also won’t allow the Tu Shan clan to break it off.”