✨09| The Truth Will Never Set You Free💋

Start from the beginning

"You jelly?" She teased showing off her pearly white teeth and I rolled my eyes once again.

"Never that I'm just tired of hearing about her."

"Why because she rejected you?" She asked taking another sip from her drink and I sighed.

"Nah ion really care for her no more."

"Because she rejected you right?" She asked pushing the topic and I walked out. I wasn't about to keep doing this shit with her today. I had other shit on my mind and plate and I wasn't about to go back and forth with her. It was pointless.

| 🌸 Blessing 'Nightmare' 🌸|

"I know you had something to do with that shoot out on the highway." A Fed said, pulling out a chair and taking a seat across from me.

"So tell me Blessing who are your enemies?" He asked, sitting back in his chair as he clasped his hands together and I yawned stretching my arms.

I was beyond tired and had been here for over 38 hours now, I was just ready to go the fuck home and catch up on some much needed sleep.

I closed my eyes and laid my head down on the table as he continued to questioned me about some shit that I wasn't even gone respond to.

This conversation wasn't that important to me and it damn sure wasn't making me any money.

"Blessing, I'm not gonna ask you again. What happened on that expressway?" He asked raising his tone and I smiled, someone was getting impatient and mad.

"You really can't be this heartless." He said damn near yelling. This room was way too small for him to be talking. I was about to have a panic attack.

"Blessing." He sternly said trying to gain my attention but I paid him no mind. In a minute I was about to stop my heart beat, cause' I had enough of this nigga talking to last me a lifetime.

A knock appeared on the door before it opened and closed. "Blessing is being released." A deep male voice announced, causing the Fed Eagan to groan.

"How is that even possible when we got witnesses pointing her at the crime scene?" Eagan asked with confusion written all over his face and I smiled standing to my feet and getting ready to leave until he stopped me.

"Those witnesses aren't appearing in court anymore, I don't know what had happened but they all refuse to testify against her. We'll get her another time." He lied and said as my smile grew even wider.

"Another time? There isn't a next time. Because we all know in this office that she is only going to get smarter, and smarter and smarter. We had one shot and we fucking missed."

"You're right and that's why the Captain is sealing her case close for good." He said causing Eagan to groan out in frustration.

"All that hard-work for nothing." He chuckled standing to his feet and brushing past me and out the door.

"Do you have a ride home or would you like for me to take you?" He asked turning to look at me and I softly smiled, thinking for a second before nodding my head yeah.

Why not get some information out of this guy, cause' the longer you stayed quiet the more they talked.

I followed behind him as we made our way throughout the office and out the door and to his car.

He opened the car door for me and I thanked him as I got in and watched him from the corner of my eye, I didn't need this nigga putting me on child lock.

He walked around to his side of the car and unbuttoned his suit before getting in and starting the car up. As, he pulled off. I looked out the window taking in the scenery.

"You and I both know that them witnesses didn't just disappear over night." He said glancing my way and I stared at him with a confused look. "I'm Jason by the way."

"They disappeared?" I asked surprisedly and he nodded his head yeah as he made a left turn at the light and sped up getting in front of a car and making a right turn at the stop sign.

"Where you stay at again?" He asked slipping up and I smirked inside of my head.

"I'm actually not going home. I got work, the tattoo shop is called Devoted Ink you know where that's at right?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, it's by that one restaurant right?" He asked and I nodded my head yeah.

"You got the whole law enforcement gunning for you, what did you do to them?" He asked glancing my way as he came to a stop.

"Ion know you tell me you work there." I shrugged.

"Cause' they can't stop you and that's the real reason why they are after you cause' you killed almost half of the population but nobody can catch you in the act. You're smart and so am I. So, let's make a deal. If you help my daughter out. I'll help you but that's only if you're down."

"Again, I don't know what you're talking about." I said unlocking my side of the door and getting out.

"I don't have much time, can you at least consider it?" He asked with pleading eyes and I shook my head no, closing the door behind me and walked away.

I walked into my shop and looked around to see no one. Furrowing my eyebrows together in confusion, I looked around before chuckling.

I had forgot that today was Sunday, and everybody was at church praising this God that they speak so highly of.

All my blessings came from me, I didn't believe in that Bible shit. Cause' who was around to write that Bible shit in the first fucking place? This God that y'all speak of didn't even have lights during his time, they couldn't read nor write so how?

What the fuck was I missing?

My phone rung in front of me and I answered it, as I put it on speaker and grabbed a drink from out of my mini-fridge and popped it open.

"Where you at?" A familiar voice asked, and I smirked.

"What you want?" I asked ignoring him as I placed the bottle of water to my lips and downed it.

"We needa talk." Ape said, a little too serious and I sighed.

"The usual." I said hanging up and grabbing my keys. I made sure to lock up the shop before leaving and heading to our warehouse that we normally met up at.

I sat outside of my car, smoking a blunt as I waited for Ape to arrive. Rake it up by Yo Gotti, Mike Will and Nicki Minaj played in the background lowly.

This song had bitches acting a fucking fool. It was a nice song that had bitches twerking to and others breaking their muthfucking' backs to— trying to shake the ass that they clearly didn't have.

I looked up from the ground and saw Ape, parking his car and got out.

"I got word on who tried to kill y'all." Ape said getting straight to the point and I smirked.

"I'm listening." I said giving him my full undivided attention as I rubbed my chin.

Hell, was coming to the city a lot sooner then they thought.