40 | Snakes and Laughter

The energy on tour is always high, but the energy on the first show day after being on a break is different

The energy on tour is always high, but the energy on the first show day after being on a break is different. Waking up on the day of the first show comes with a mix of nervous and excited energy. Even though I'm not taking the stage, I always feel a little pre-show jitters for the boys, and being in a new country is always a buzz. I have been fortunate enough to have attended each first show of each leg of the tour this year. London, Mexico City, and Adelaide tonight as the first show in Australia.

Despite the underlying tension, I couldn't help but wake up with a smile on my face, especially when Harry's was the sight I opened my eyes to. While cuddled up in each other's arms we discussed the day ahead, and came to the mutual decision of telling our friends about our relationship before the show tonight when the adrenaline and happiness is running high. We knew we wouldn't be able to conceal our intense feelings for each other much longer than a day.

Breakfast in the hotel restaurant was a happy affair and a reunion of friends. After doing my rounds of greeting everyone I didn't see when we landed yesterday, I joined Harry at the table he was occupying with Lou, Niall, Preston and Liam, where they were making and establishing their plans for the day ahead.

Niall and Harry decided to go for a game of golf since there is a golf course a few minutes from the hotel. While they went out for the day, I decided to crash Liam's training session with Mark which was followed by a walk around the hotel grounds, since the weather was warmer than it is at home right now.

Since arriving at the arena around an hour ago with Louis, Liam and Zayn, I have been sitting on the sofa next to Louis in the boys' communal dressing room for the next three days. Liam has just returned from the hallway after taking a phone call from Sophia, while Zayn has gone to kick the football around with Josh. Harry and Niall are due to arrive straight from the golf course at any moment now, since soundcheck is around half an hour away.

While I chat with Liam and Louis, I try to keep my flurry of emotions towards Harry's arrival under wraps. Seeing him after we have gone our separate ways for the day is something I always look forward to, and I know that today I'm going to have to act casual in front of the boys.