27 | Talk It Out

The steam rising up from my cup of tea in between my hands is where my blue eyes are focused while I struggle to decide on what to say to Harry first

The steam rising up from my cup of tea in between my hands is where my blue eyes are focused while I struggle to decide on what to say to Harry first. Emotionally, I am still in a fragile state and very much in shock that Harry is actually sitting across from me at the kitchen island when he shouldn't even be in the country, let alone in his home. Despite the fact that I have been staring at him as though he is some kind of mythical creature being seen by the human eye for the first time in history, I am relieved that he is here. At the same time, I feel the anxiety rising to the surface about to crash over me like a harsh wave, knowing that we have a long conversation ahead of us.

Harry is just as quiet and probably just as nervous as I am feeling. His elbows rest on the cool granite while his hands are clasped and resting against his lips, as he too is lost in his thoughts while observing me patiently with tired eyes. It's quite mad that we are so lost on what to say and how to act with each other now that most of the crying and comforting is out of the way. If it weren't for the severity of the situation, I'd most likely laugh at how ridiculous this is. Instead, I have so many questions, and I finally settle on the most obvious one.

"What are you doing here?" My tone isn't offended or angry, simply curious and confused. He deeply exhales through his nose, moving his hands from his face to rest his forearms on the granite with his cup between his arms.

"We needed to talk," he says, leaning forward some. "I knew it was a conversation we couldn't have over the phone, so....I got on a plane."

"You just....got on a plane?" I repeat incredulously, believing this meant that he just dropped everything to come here.

"We have three days off before the next show," he explains, having caught onto my shock.

I slowly nod at his explanation, somewhat relaxing now that I know he didn't do that. "So, how did you know I would be here?"

"Who suggested you take the trip here?" He counters with the ghost of a smile on his lips, making my eyes widen in realization.

"You planned this."

"It was a ten hour flight to get here, Liv. I had to be sure you would be here."