37 | Haven't Been Honest

Home finally feels complete now that Harry's here

Home finally feels complete now that Harry's here. I couldn't help but wake up with a smile on my face when I replayed the events of our evening, and looking forward to spending more time with him without any distractions. He can finally slip under the radar with me and allow himself to relax for a little bit. But first, we have to tell our families about us.

While getting dressed for the day, I was feeling an array of emotions all at once. I was looking forward to seeing Harry again, still in shock that he got a tattoo for me, anxious of our parents' and Gemma's reactions when we tell them about us, and not sure if I was going to throw up or faint at the thought.

In spite of all the inner turmoil, I can confidently say that I have never been happier.

I let myself in to Anne and Robin's house like I always do on one of the traditional 'Sunday Dinner' days Anne has when Harry gets home. I tend to make the short walk over earlier before dinnertime, and since I overslept like crazy today I am already arriving a couple hours later than the norm.

I like to help setup everything for Anne and it also gives me the opportunity to catch up with Harry if he's out of bed, or Gemma if she has made the drive or caught the train over. I'm certain that today Harry is still asleep, especially since I woke up not long ago myself. On top of the all nighter he pulled with me he also had a long journey home.

As I walk down the hallway I can hear Gemma's enthusiastic chatter and clearly envision Anne and Robin unable to get a word in. I decide to lean against the doorframe and observe them for a moment before announcing my presence.

Gemma is leaning her hip against the kitchen counter, which allows her the perfect view of Anne and Robin while she animatedly talks. Anne zips around the kitchen, stirring the contents of the pot one moment and chopping something up the next while Robin is seated in his chair at the head of the table watching them both.

I have a strange moment of realisation that brings a soft smile to my lips and warms my heart in my chest. That I am standing before my boyfriend's family, in the house that he grew up in. There are moments where I find myself in disbelief of Harry being my boyfriend now, but he will always hold the title of my best friend too.