20 | Something Great

"Why are they so damn cute?"

"Leave them alone. Louis, leave them alone."

I remember a few things when I wake up to the sound of Eliza's voice being followed by Eleanor's. One, I am asleep on Harry's chest. Two, we fell asleep under the stars last night after our short-lived swim in the lake. I mentally praise the fact that we redressed after we dried ourselves off. And three, that Eliza, Niall, Eleanor and Louis emerged from their tents this morning to find us in our current position.

I mentally curse myself for allowing Harry and I to fall asleep out here instead of getting both of us to go back to our tent. I don't know what possessed us to stay here at the time. I can only imagine the kick the group got out of seeing us both asleep practically all over each other bundled up in the blankets. I'm sure Eleanor and Eliza would have found it cute at least, but Louis and Niall, on the other hand, I don't want to face their teasing. I guess that Louis may have tried taking a photo of us or attempted to do something to mess with us. It would explain why I could hear Eleanor telling him to leave us alone only moments ago.

While forcing down my groan, I don't even consider opening my eyes. If I do, I will have to face the group on my own. I can feel that Harry is still very much asleep. His breathing is slow and deep against my cheek, and the rhythm of his beating heart is steady under my ear. Soft snores escape him, and his breath fans my hair since his head is resting on top of mine. In an attempt to coax him out of his deep sleep, I gently tickle his side with my hand draped across his stomach under the blanket, so the group won't notice that I'm awake. Harry eventually jumps, indicating that he has woken up, and his heartbeat is now slightly rapid as he registers whatever he is faced with.

"Oh," he breathes.

I hear Niall's full-blown laughter from a short distance away, and I can only imagine the looks on the rest of our friends' faces. Now that Harry is awake I deem it safe to open my eyes. When I do, I'm blinded by how bright the light of the sun is before my eyes focus on the group seated or standing around the now slow-burning fire.

"Aww look, they're both awake," Louis teases in a mockingly sweet tone from his chair.

I feel Harry's tense muscles relax when he knows he's not the only one awake.