29 | Return The Favour

It has been two weeks since I started working for Julian, and in a nutshell, the day I arrived in The States was a whirlwind

It has been two weeks since I started working for Julian, and in a nutshell, the day I arrived in The States was a whirlwind. I signed all the required paperwork with Harry and Julian by my side practically as soon as I made it to the hotel in Houston, before telling the boys about my job. At first they did not believe me, and it did not help that Harry and Julian were laughing at the priceless expressions of shock on their faces. It took quite a bit convincing on all three of our parts to assure them it wasn't a prank before they eventually jumped up and congratulated me with hugs. I have fallen surprisingly easily into the new routine, and it has been a crazy but rewarding couple of weeks so far.

I have started to miss home and missing Mum and Dad, but I speak with them nearly everyday. They were both so proud and excited for me when I told them about my job. I knew they were sad about me not being home anymore so much sooner than they anticipated, but they accepted that I was finally moving onto the next stage of my life. My last day at home before leaving was perfect. I popped by the bakery to say goodbye to Barbara and everyone there, I spent a couple of hours with Dad at the clinic as normal, and brought Mum lunch at her flower shop before stopping by Anne and Robin's for tea in the late afternoon.

A typical day for me is now spent alongside Julian, John and the team in the mornings, meeting to discuss the writing and recording schedule for that evening as well as learning how to work on production. I have the remainder of the morning to do coursework and have help from Julian if need be, until lunchtime rolls around. From then onwards, I have time to myself to do more coursework or spend time with Harry, the boys or whoever else from the crew is around before its time for them to get ready for the show. I sometimes have the opportunity to stay and watch a few songs before I meet the team at the hotel to get ready for a writing and or recording session with whichever of the boys are scheduled for that night.

This is where the magic happens, and is the time I look forward to the most. I was hesitant to throw my opinions in at first, especially after seeing how easily Louis and Liam breeze through writing lyrics and just getting a general idea of how each of the boys like to work. But one night when Louis was a little down and talking about just how much he was missing Eleanor, something he said had sparked my creativity and a whole new song was born.