⊱⊰ 26: Kaus Australis [Revised] ⊱⊰

Start from the beginning

Arisa breathed heavily, hoping that she would release enough fire to strengthen Thelma's arrow. She raised her hand, aiming it at the sky. When she gestured with her hand, multiple fireballs danced around it before they floated forward to the battle scene.

Nervousness flowed within Arisa; she breathed in to calm herself. She had released fireballs many times during her training. Despite that, she couldn't help but feel a bit nervous. She was told that thanks to the Elements feeding their abilities, as Guardians, they had unlimited power. Yet the heaviness pulling her body wouldn't stop bothering her.

It could be because I used my powers a lot tonight.

Her arm trembled as more fireballs covered the sky, bathing the battleground with an orange-red light.

"Where the hell do these things come from?" Scorpio gazed at the fireballs floating above her.

"This is." Thelma looked around and saw Arisa standing not far from their area.

Thelma gazed back at her opponent. Noticing that the Guardian had lowered her guard, she gestured with her hand. Orange light gathered around it.

Scorpio turned around. "Oh no, you don't."

Thelma absorbed as much light as she could before the water dragon traveled through the fireballs illuminating the battlefield.

"Well, I think this will be enough." Thelma readied her golden bow with the bright arrow glowing on her right hand.

As she looked for her aim, she rushed sideways before the water dragon could smash her. Thelma shot her glowing arrow.

The water dragon shielded Scorpio. A quick scream escaped the Guardian's lips as the arrow passed through her shield and stopped on her shoulder. She grunted when the arrow of light turned into burning flames. The flames then vanished, leaving a burned hole.

Scorpio touched her right shoulder, her armored hand trembling.

"See what weak weapons can do?" said Thelma. 

Scorpio rubbed her wounded shoulder, laughing. "You're an idiot for not aiming my vital spots."

As a brief silence fell, Thelma slowly approached the Purple Guardian.

"I had planned to target them," said Thelma. "But then I remembered something. Even if it wasn't for that thing, I wouldn't go as far as to kill another human being. That would turn me into a disgusting monster like you."

Scorpio gazed at her, shakily regaining her pose. "It's that pathetic mentality that allows darkness to keep threatening the worlds. Killing us would save them, don't you think so?"

For several seconds, the sound of running water filled the atmosphere as Thelma gazed at the Guardian thoughtfully.

Right when Arisa thought that everything was over, Scorpio dashed forward, pointing her spear at Thelma. Thelma blocked the attack, holding the weapon with her right hand. Scorpio didn't hesitate and kicked her opponent, forcing her to drop the weapon. Thelma fought not to fall as she moved a few steps backward.

Scorpio didn't give her a chance to regain her posture and continually attacked her using her spear. Thelma trapped herself in a cycle of dodging and deflecting. She occasionally attempted an attack using her fists and kicks.

"See?" asked Scorpio, attacking her opponent. "I can still attack you despite my injured arm. You should've aimed for the vital spots, Sagittarius."

Thelma didn't reply as she was busy dodging the Guardian's attack.

Watching the battle from afar, something wrenched in Arisa's chest. She knew that Thelma had a good heart and wouldn't dare to kill a human being. Even if Thelma had the courage to take Scorpio's life, she couldn't go too far as they needed to remind all the Guardians who they really were.