Welcome to CHS

[Hey! Reader! This is now in Starlight Glimmers Point Of View (POV). I hope you still enjoy the chapter though!]

Starlight Glimmer slammed the door behind her. Her dad was on the phone with his historical company. She quietly snuck around the back into her room and looked at all her dresses. She flopped onto her bed and sighed. 

"The party's tonight," she whispered to herself, "and I have nothing to wear." She looked back at the wardrobe. There was a single purple sparkle at the back. She got up and moved some clothes to the side, her eyes widened as she saw the dress Sunburst gave her on her 16th birthday. She thought, she hadn't grown that much, perhaps it still fit?

She squeezed it on, it was a lilac purple, with shiny sequins on the lace. It fit like a glove. I sighed in relief. I heard the sound of a phone being put down, and footsteps coming toward my room. My dad! If he saw me in this dress, he would ground me! I opened the window and clambered out into the garden before scampering over the white fence and toward the school bus stop. 

~

She sat with Trixie and Sunset at the back of the bus. They were talking about the English group project due in six weeks. 

"I'm thinking, we do a project on the stars, and analyze the constellations and how they form and do our project on that. Hey, nice outfit Starlight," suggested Trixie. Sunset stroked her chin, I just sat quietly, Sunset nudged me, 

"Hey what do you think?" she asked. 

I shrugged and pushed my glasses up my nose,

"I only know a few constellations from my recent studies on strange energy's between two people, or in other words, I've been figuring out how love and friendship works. I moved to the city to figure it out after I finished all my classes at Sire's Academy and stumbled across CHS and did some research I found the pegasus was associated and found it originated from a constellation, and also found the Ursa Major Bear, and Tarturas the Bull. But that's all I know." 

I looked up again to see the two girls staring, their mouths agape. I blushed, realising I'd practically told them my life story. Sunset was wearing a red baggy crop-top, and underneath was a black small shirt underneath, with a red and orange skirt as well. Trixie wore a blue dress with her signature yellow star on the edge. 

"Stars it is then?" 

We eventually got to the school, and the garden was beautifully lit up. Blue fairy lights hung up from tree to tree, a huge juice fountain as the centre-piece of which students would dip plastic cups into and enjoy. There was a snack table with cakes, sandwiches and chocolates.  I smiled in awe. 

"Starlight!" came a voice. I turned to see a lilac girl with blonde hair and flower crown standing near a tree. I placed my hand on my chest, 

"Flower Crown?" I whispered, Flower Crown ran towards me and gave me a hug, before we both pulled apart and smiled. 

"Oh, Starlight, it's so good to see you! I haven't seen you since Sire's Academy! I'm so sorry I moved to Canterlot High, my mom and dad moved!" she said, with a small from, I blinked at how thick her mascara was, in Sire's Academy, you couldn't wear makeup and now she wore blush and purple lipstick, as well as silver hoop earrings. This was very different from the shy but stylish Flower Crown I met a while back. 

She threw a flower crown on my head and blew me a kiss 

I giggled and walked over to the snack tables, where the mane six were giggling and eating Puffcakes (half cream-puff, half cupcake!), they smiled and waved. 

"Hey, Pinkie, is it? This party is amazing, how did you whip it up in an afternoon?" I asked, looking at Pinkie, who was stuffing muffins int her mouth. 

"Mununshmmshnmt!" she responded. Twilight and I both giggled. 

"I think what you're trying to say is, Starlight, I don't think you should be hanging out with Sunset and Trixie, they have a bit of a, ahem, reputation, darling," said Rarity, looking me in the eye, though I couldn't take her seriously while she was in a ball gown at a...garden party? I folded my arms, 

"Well, they seemed nice." I protested, Apple Jack spat out a cider bottle cap and took a large slurp with a raised eyebrow, after she took a loud gulp she said, "Well that's exactly what she wants you to think. She tried getting all nice with us because she saw how important we are. She probably using you for your knowledge." 

"Wait, how did you know I study a lot?" I asked, scratching my chin. The six friends looked at each other with unreadable looks. I slowly slipped away toward my REAL friends, Sunset and Trixie. 

"Hey, Sunset," I started, Sunset looked at me with a smile, "Those six over there are saying that I shouldn't trust you and that you suck up to people for your own needs, what jerks." Sunset rolled her eyes, 

"Those six are always making things up, you don't have to worry about them, you've got us," she said, placing her hand on my shoulder, she looked down, before looking up again and smiling, I smiled back, while Trixie stood behind, arms crossed, but grinning. 

Perhaps life at CHS was finally looking up!