drinking to forget

After about 20 minutes of sitting in the sand and collecting the broken pieces of my heart, I decided to break my sober rule and get a drink

I stomped back over to the party and straight to the bar. Violet made eye contact with me and her face went from a big smile to a concerned look real quick.

"2 shots, please." I said to the barkeep.

"You got it." He said, grabbing two small glasses. "Rough night?" He asked, pouring the alcohol into cups.

"You have no idea." I scoffed out.

Violet approached me. "Hey, you okay?" She asked, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Oh yeah, I'm great." I said, faking a smile for her.

The bartender put the glasses in front of me and I instantly shot one after the other down my throat.

"What happened to staying sober?" Violet asked concerned.

"Decided not to." I said, coldly.

I hated being irritable. Hopefully the alcohol would help with that.

"Soph, did something-" She started.

"Last night, I told Noah I loved him and he made it very clear he doesnt feel the same way." I shot at her.

"Oh God," She stammered. "Soph..." She trailed off, rubbing my shoulder.

"No, I'm good. I expected that anyways." I gave a tight lipped smile.

I looked back at the bartender. "Can I have something strong?" I asked.

He nodded and started pouring a drink for me.

"Sophia, I know you're upset but alc-" She started.

"I just wanna enjoy tonight, okay?" I pleaded. "I don't want anything ruining it and I'm going to need a little liquid encouragment to get my mood up again." I smiled, fakely.

Violet's eyebrows furrowed. She had every right to be confused. I had never used alcohol to drown my sorrows. I guess there was a first time for everything.

"Here ya go." The bartender said handing me a dark drink.

I took a big sip of the drink, familiar with the taste. Bacardi and fucking coke.

"God damnit." I said, feeling my throat burn.

I walked off from the bar, leaving Violet trailing behind me, and towards Rosie and Taylor who were still dancing. They saw me and smiled until they saw me holding a drink.

"So you are drinking tonight?" They asked.

"Looks like it." I spat out, taking a big drink.

Taylor and Rosie didn't catch onto my irritated tone, which I was thankful for.

Violet came up besides me and leaned in close to my ear. "Soph, lets just go back upstairs, okay?"