Resurrection

"You're going on another date with him?" Violet said, pacing the room.

"Yes..." I said, quietly.

"When?" She asked, stopping to look at me with her hands on her hips.

"In like," I looked at the time on my phone. "An hour." I winced.

Violet threw her hands in the air, dramatically.
"Soph, I saw how upset you were this morning. What changed?" She asked, furrowing her eyebrows in confusion.

"I dont know, he said sorry and I guess I believed him." I shrugged my shoulders.

Violet groaned and rubbed her forehead.
"Okay, go on the date. Just promise me something." Violet said, sitting down and taking my hands. "Try not to fall too in love with him, okay?"

"Yeah, I promise." I lied.
"I just don't wanna see sad Sophia anymore. This is our vacation and if Noah's making you happy, then spend time with him. But I don't want him to ruin our trip, alright?" She asked for my reassurance.

"Okay, I get it." I nodded my head.

She smiled and padded my hand, standing up. "Have fun tonight." She said.

"I will." I said smiling back.

I understood completely where Violet was coming from but I truly did believe that Noah meant what he said. I shuffled through my drawers and found a bathing suit, that Noah instructed I wear for our secret date tonight.

I put on a crop top and jean shorts over my bathing suit, pairing the outfit with my checkered slip on vans. I opted for a no makeup look since Noah gave me a heads up that water may be involved, whatever that meant.

About an hour later, Noah knocked on my door. He was wearing vans, an oversized t shirt and bathing suit trunks.

"Well, helloooo.." He said, as he looked me up and down.

"Hello to you too." I laughed, grabbing my purse and putting it on my shoulder.

"You ready to go?" He asked. "Been waiting on you, stud." I said patting his chest and sliding past him.

After climbing into an uber and reaching the destination, I still had no idea where we were. There were no signs in english and though I knew a lot of spanish, I couldn't make out what the signs said.

"Where are we?" I asked, tugging on his arm.

"Girl, you'll see, damn." He said after my persistent questions for the past 20 minutes.

We climbed out of the car and then I noticed there was a small canal behind the building, leading to the ocean, I guessed. There were several boats docked in slips as well.

Noah and I walked into the building and he started taking out his card to pay. "We have two people that want to parasail, please" He said.

My eyes automaticaly went wide and he looked down and smiled at me. I laughed, nervously.

Now fucking way was I parasailing, No fucking way.

"Alright, sign these waivers, please." The man said giving us two clipboards. I anxiously took it from the man and followed Noah to the chairs to sit down.

"Umm, Noah?" I asked.
"Mhm."
"I am very nervous. I've never parasailed."

Without even looking up from his clipboard. "I figured, thats why we're doing it." He said, finally looking up at me and smiling.

I let out a breath and my eyes went wide. "Ha. Okay." I said, sarcastically.

"I mean, if you're too chicken to do it, we don't have to." He said, smirking at me.