𝖲𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇

I woke up two hours later to see that Hermione was sitting beside my bed, her nose in her Transfiguration book. I stretch and slowly lift myself up, causing Hermione to look up from her book.

"Oh thank god you're alright" she said, attacking me with a hug. I hug her back, surprised she was this delighted to see me awake.

"How are you feeling?" She asks, a concerned expression on her face. I noticed she had some more books beside her in a huge pile

"Better," I sit up "Have you been studying here?" I ask, my eyebrow raised. She nodded "I wanted to be here when you woke up" my heart swelled in delight and a wide smile spreads across my face, not even my friends at Ilvermorny would've done that

"How long have you been here?" I ask her, a smile still on my face.She looks over at the clock, "about an hour and a half. I came in to see you were sleeping, Madame Pomfrey said to give you this." She hands me a vial and a note. I open the note to see the vial was wide eye potion

Take this when you wake up. It will help with side effects

I shrug, and decided to hold onto the wide eye potion. After all, I felt fine right now

"Thanks for staying with me Hermione. You didn't have to do that," I say to Hermoine. Even though my arm had been extremely broken, I felt happy and loved. She laughs, shaking her head slightly, "trust me. You've become one of my best girl friends over the past week. I've been friends with Harry and Ron since first year, but after a while it gets tiresome hanging out with only boys," she pats the book that was in her lap, "Besides, I've never met someone in Gryffindor that likes to study just as much as me"

I smile at her, and then jump up in surprise "that reminds me! Snape gave me potions homework! Damn, where is it?"

I look and see the stuff Draco left for me on my bedside table "how'd you get today's textbook questions? They were handed out third period..." Hermione asked, her eyebrows furrowed.

I shrug "Draco came and gave them to me. Snape told him to. Besides, it's partner work. That's why he brought it for me" Hermoine frowned at this, but didn't say anything more. 

"Well, I've completed most of them, I'm just stuck on a few" she said as she gently handed me my potions work.

Together, Hermoine and I worked on the potions questions until we were finished. She then helped me get out of bed and took me to the Gryffindor towers, carrying both of our books in her arms.

"Ugh, my legs feel so weak. I haven't stood up or walked in three days!" I say, out of breath from climbing the first set of stairs. Hermione giggles slightly "come on! Otherwise we won't make dinner! And I suppose you don't want to go in your pyjamas, right?"

I smile, looking down at my dark grey sweatpants and lilac purple sweatshirt "right you are, even though these are the most comfortable clothes I've ever worn in my life"

• • •

Once I had changed into my robes, we made our way back down to the great hall, meeting up with Fred and George on the way down

"Blimey Alice, gave us bit of a scare on the Quidditch field" George said as he patted my shoulder "Yeah, we thought you'd died!" Fred added. George pointed at Fred, "Fred here nearly fainted when he saw the bone sticking out!" George's eyes widen, "it was wicked, Alice. Like something out of a horror film"