three

☾

"You know your mother, Malfoy?" Harry asked. "That expression she's got - like she's got dung under her nose? Has she always looked like that, or was it just because you were with her?"

Draco's cheeks flushed a bit. "Don't you dare insult my mother, Potter."

"Keep your fat mouth shut, then," Harry replied.

Draco aimed for Harry, but Mad-Eye Moody saved the day.

"OH, NO, YOU DON'T, LADDIE!" he shouted.

Professor Moody turned Draco into a white ferret, and nobody moved an inch, shocked at how the event had unfolded.

"Did he get you?" Moody asked.

"No, missed," responded Harry.

Venus rushed over to Harry, pushing out of the crowd. "Are you okay, Harry?" she whispered.

He nodded.

Venus ignored the sneers and pointed looks from her House. She didn't mind the sneers or looks.

"You shouldn't be here - with me," Harry pointed out, noticing the sneers and looks Venus was getting.

"Please, Harry, I've known of you since the day I was born and I met you on my first year at Hogwarts. I never became part of your group until our third year. I tried to hard to make you guys believe that I wasn't like other Slytherins and it worked. I'm not about to let you go because of some stupid snakes," she whispered as she grabbed his hand.

Harry raised his eyebrows in an almost playful way. "You're not about to let me go? Or does that include Ron and Hermione too?"

Venus looked startled. "I - you - you know I meant!"

Moody was looking at Crabbe, who was about to pick up the white ferret. Moody limped to Goyle, Crabbe, and the ferret. The ferret let out a squeak and took off.

"I don't think so!" exclaimed Moody. He pointed his wand at the ferret and he flew ten feet into the air, then fell with smack. "I don't like people who attack when their opponent's back's turned. Stinking, cowardly, scummy thing to do... Never do that again - "

"Professor Moody!" McGonagall yelled. She rushed hurriedly down the marble staircase with an armful of books.

"Hello, Professor McGonagall," Moody greeted as he bounced the ferret higher.

"What - what are you doing?" she asked.

"Teaching," he replied.

"Teach - Moody, is that a student?" she shrieked, dropping her books.

"Yep."

"No!" she cried.

She pulled out her wand and returned Draco back to his normal self. Draco fell from air and quickly scrambled back up to his feet with a wincing pain.

"Moody, we never use Transfiguration as a punishment! Surely, Professor Dumbledore told you that?" McGonagall asked.

"He might've mentioned it, yeah, but I thought a good sharp shock - "

"We give detentions, Moody! Or speak to the offender's Head of House!" she scolded.

"I'll do that, then."

Moody stared at Draco, and Draco muttered something about his father.

"Oh, yeah? Well, I know your father of old, boy. You tell him Moody's keeping a close eye on his son. You tell him that's from me. Now, your Head of House'll be Snape, will it?" Moody asked.

"Yes," Draco replied resentfully.

"Another old friend," Moody growled in response. "I've been looking forward to a chat with old Snape. Come on, you - " He grabbed Draco's upper arm and took him to the dungeons.

Venus grumbled to herself. Draco was always getting into trouble where he shouldn't.

"Come, Venus, let's go," Harry mumbled, tugging on her hand.

Venus nodded, holding tightly onto Harry's hand as they walked away together.