one

☾

Since the day Venus Everild set foot onto Hogwarts grounds, she was meant to be a Slytherin. She wasn't evil nor was she dark. She was simply ambitious and cunning, and that was what it meant to be a Slytherin. It wasn't about being involved in the dark arts or being a Pureblood.

When Venus wanted something, she would get it. She wasn't spoiled - she just knew how to use her words with that sharp tongue of hers - and her tongue was sharp indeed.

From a young age, her family and her noticed that she had the ability to talk to snakes. It was called Parseltongue. It was a known trait in Dark Wizards. Her whole family thought she was going to turn out evil, but it seemed that their dreams would turn out to only be dreams.

Her family were made of Pureblood witches and wizards who classified as one of the highest class possible. They, too, were followers of the Dark Lord. She didn't indulge in their daily meetings, secret codes, or insults to other blood classes. Venus wanted nothing to do with that. She hoped she wouldn't in the future.

Venus had a pet snake by the name of Ronnie. She would call him by his nickname, Ron. She also had an owl named Pear. It was a childish name that a childish Venus named after a childish owl. But Venus loved the name Pear. She would get teased by having an owl named Pear, but she paid no mind to the petty girls in class. They were nothing compared to Venus.

Of course, most people didn't know Venus. She greeted people, held conversation with them, but she rarely told others about herself or her life.

But, when Venus and Harry Potter started to fall in like with each other, the sparks between Draco Malfoy and Harry were only beginning.