fifteen

☾

As Voldemort rounded on the Malfoy family, Venus's posture was straight and she stared at the table with her chin resting on her knuckles.

"And you, Venus?" the Dark Lord asked.

Venus's eyes flickered up before she stared blankly back at a spot on the table. "My Lord, if you are asking about me starting a family with Draco, then I wouldn't mind," she replied with a smile.

Everyone hooted and cheered as Voldemort leaned back with comfort and ease. Draco was shocked by her response, and the smile was on her face.

"Yes," he quietly replied, silencing the others, "Purebloods are the only ones that should remain."

"Yes," Venus murmured. "How did we ever end up not being the most important? Life works in mysterious ways."

Nagini slithered across the table to reach Venus. She wrapped herself across Venus's shoulders and her tongue slithered out, grazing her cheek.

"Such loyalty," she hissed.

"Such loyalty," Voldemort whispered. "Venus, look at me."

She tilted her head slightly to face him.

"No, you misunderstand me. Look at me."

She looked into his eyes and the Death Eaters gasped.

"You, my dear, are special. You, my dear, must carry on the Pureblood line. That is your goal."

Narcissa's eyes widened. "You don't mean - "

"Yes," Voldemort said with a wicked grin. "She and Draco will finally truly be united, and their children will live on to see our legacy."

Draco looked into Venus's terrified eyes as Nagini slithered down to her stomach and rubbed against it.

"Look how excited Nagini is."