Chapter 4-Adam

I didn't mean for any of this to happen, I didn't mean for her to see me, and I definitely didn't mean for her to get hurt.  I had been keeping my distance so this didn't happen.  We made a deal and he broke it! You may be asking yourself what deal?  Well, I'll tell you.

   I was sitting in my house three and a half months ago when I saw Alex walking home from the last day of school.  She had been breathtaking as always, and now even more so because she got her braces and glasses taken off.  Don't get me wrong, I thought she was beautiful even with her glasses, but they just hide her eyes too much.  As I was lost in an "Alex Daydream", I suddenly caught a whiff of something familiar and that smelt strangely of dogs.  Werewolves.  Not just any werewolves either, these were rogues.  Ian's rogues, my mind told me.  What was he doing here?  I know he didn't forget about the treaty that we made and I knew he never would.  My parents made sure of that. 

   I stood up and walked to the trees behind my house.  I saw Ian staring at Alex like a predator staring at it's prey.  I growled and he turned around swiftly with an evil smirk.  I knew my eyes were losing the warm chocolate color that I knew Alex loved and were instead turning an evil midnight black.  They turned that way whenever I was furious or territorial.  And right now, I was both.

   " What are you doing here, Ian?"  I asked coldly, knowing he knew that he was ticking me off.

   He smiled a predatory smile that I knew all too well.  " I'm just watching Alex walking home.  She's really something, you know?  Today, when a girl at school called her a slut,"  My heart ached at the thought of her getting bullied again, " She just walked around her and kept her head held high.  You taught her to do that didn't you?" 

   I glared coldly at him because I knew he was stalling, so I asked him why he really wanted to come here.  He lost the smirk and his face got serious.  " I know you love her, Adam.  Don't try to deny it because I know and my pack knows.  We have seen the way you stare at her in secret."  I gulped in fear for what was about to come next, they were going to threaten her.  I was exactly right.  " I just wanted to say that I want her, and I always get what I want.  Don't bother with her, she won't love you after she meets me.  It's simple, I'm just better."  He put on his trademark evil smirk and my eyes quickly turned back to black as I ran with inhuman speed towards him and I pinned him against the tree.

   " You will never lay a finger on her or I promise you that I will rip out your heart and kill you."  I say so coldly, it could freeze water.  For a moment, I see fear pass behind his eyes, but as soon as it's there, it's gone. 

   " I won't touch her, as long as you stay away from her.  If I see you even glancing at her for a nano second, I will kill her.  I won't even think twice about it.  That's a promise I can keep to you, Adam."  He says seriously, all signs of joking gone from his eyes.  I'm not usually one to make any deals,but this is Alex we're talking about and I know he would kill her without a second thought.  I refuse to meet his eyes as I take his outstretched hand.  I know he's grinning like he just won a prize but I had to do thisto keep Alex safe.  I'd do anything for her.  I'd die for her, but the thing is, does she feel the same about me?

   I walk away to my house and I'm about halfway there before I hear Ian whisper to me, " Don't forget about the deal."  Those five little words would haunt me for three and a half months.

********************* 3 and a half months later

   I was in the forest, hunting when I caught the annoying and god-awful smelling scent of Ian, but I caught another scent in the air.  This one didn't smell like the others.  No, the others smelled like blood nothing else.  This one smelled of lilacs and lilies.  The scent was wonderful, so I decided to follow it.  So, ten minutes later, there I was in my bedroom, staring at the source of the wonderful aroma.