The Haunting of Mission Creek High

Start from the beginning

I was shocked to see all the students that were in the hall start running towards the gym. “Do they seriously want to see Leo naked?” I questioned, shock and a little bit of disgust in my voice.

“Yeah, this school is just weird.” Chase said.

Xxx

Later that day, we were all in the hallway when Leo walked out of Perry’s office. I quickly examined his outfit and raised an eyebrow. He was wearing one of Perry’s ugly suits. “Lost and found didn’t have anything, so Principal Perry loaned me her emergency pant suit.”

“You should’ve stuck with the towel.” I told him.

He sent a glare my way just as Trent walked by and lifted the collar of the jacket over his head. “Jacket head!” He hollered before walking down the hallway.

“Okay, that’s it.” Adam said. “It’s time me and Trent had a talk. That was disrespecting my brother and casual business attire!”

Perry walked out of her office and looked at Leo. “Looking good, Dooley. Sorry about the crumbs in the pockets. I’m a girl who likes her crackers.” She laughed before making her way towards the center of the hallway. “Attention, dandruff donkey! Tomorrow is the homecoming dance, and you don’t have a date now, keep asking! I love watching rejection!”

“How many dances have you been to?” Bree asked her.

“We’re not going there, stick pop!” She snapped. “Tomorrow’s also the one hundredth anniversary of the demise of Jasper the janitor! Flow, Brandy, a little mood lighting.” Flow handed Perry a flashlight while Brandy shut off the lights in the hall. Perry turned the flashlight on and placed it under her chin so the light revealed her face.

“It was a dark and gloomy night at Mission Creek High, when a group of kids wanted to prank ol’ Jasper.” She started.

“What were a bunch of kids doing at school at night?” Leo asked.

“Irrelevant!” Perry snapped before continuing. “They decided to scare him while he was cleaning the pencil sharpener. His beard got caught, and all they found were Jasper shavings with no one to sweep them up.”  

“What about the janitor?” Adam asked before realization dawned on him. “Oh, never mind, guys. I got there.”

“Legend has it that every ten years, Jasper’s ghost turns to seek revenge on the students.” As soon as Perry said that, Trent shrieked like a girl, then tried acting like he wasn’t scared of the lame story.

“I mean, ah, good story.” Trent said, covering up is fear.

“Whenever he returns, one kid, who mysteriously moves away, is never to be heard from again!” Perry finished, then motioned for Brandy to turn on the lights. “Any-hoo, I’m going on a little vacay. Me and Mr. Whiskers are gonna zip line all the way across the Grand Canyon. Until then, I leave you under the watchful eye of Mrs. Thistle.” We all looked at Mrs. Thistle, only to find her sleeping. How old was she? “Thistle!”

“Bingo!” The old lady yelled, waking up.

“See you in two weeks.” Perry said before laughing. “Well, whoever’s left.” She walked away and the five of us walked over to our lockers.

“Are we really supposed to believe the school is haunted?” Chase asked.

“Yeah.” Adam said. “Jasper’s probably just misunderstood. The ghost in my cartoon is very friendly.”

We turned our attention to Trent and his friend as they walked by. “Do you think that ghost is real? And I’m not asking for me, it’s for my friend…Brent.”