Chapter 2 - Beginnings Of Beauty

Authors Note - please be kind, I'm not a professional writer I do this as a hobby - Leave a vote/comment if you enjoy as every little bit helps

-

-

Chapter2 - Lilly Downing - Beginnings Of Beauty

Thedawning sun has arrived and its rays drift through the curtainscreating a seamless yellow glow to the room. An open window lets inthe smallest of breezes with just enough strength to cause the drapesto wave good morning. The tweet of a urban pigeon busy about itsbusiness pecks at the flustered ants on the windowsill. Honking carsbustle about the roads outside, as they always do, while the earlywakers make for their places of work. This is the city that doesn'tsleep, but truth be told as the sun shows itself the madness oframblings grows louder than at any other time.

Theroom itself however and all who reside there still remain asleep.Laying in bed with satin sheets curled around her is Lilly Downing.Most just calls her Lil. The pink sheets cover almost all of her bodywith the exception of a leg and ten tiny toes which must have beenexposed at some point during the night. For that limb the peachysilken skin lays naked out the blankets.

Herface is covered with a drape of blonde hair. She stirs slightly asthe sunlight makes its way to her eyes. She turns over facing theother wall to avoid it. As she does this it gently disturbs the manlying next to her.

FlynnWalker.

Althoughfairly short he's a buff and muscular man with chestnut brown hairand a cleft chin to match his masculine body. He takes a breath in towake himself and rolls to face Lil, who has since turned around againto resume a more comfortable position. They open their eyes. Bothshare the most beautifully strong sapphire colour. At first her focusisn't on him. Next to where he lays, standing and watching her, isthe figure of a woman, almost transparent in appearance. This ghostlywoman is Lil's mother. Not believing in spirits Lil, knows her toonly be a figment of her imagination. After all her parents have longsince passed, not to mention the odd sensation that has come with themirage. It's like seeing something in the corner of your eye. ButLil has seen her everyday for years. In a blink her mother is gonebut Flynn continues to stare expectedly. He smiles at her, a gestureshe returns in kind.

"Morning,"he says.

Shedoesn't reply but shuffles closer to him, laying her head, softblonde hair swaying as she moves, onto his chest. Tranquility. Acalmer more restful start to the day could not have been imagined byanyone.

"Imiss you," Lil whispers to wherever it may be her mother hasvanished to.

Hepulls her close assuming the comment to be directed at him. The worldoutside ticks past but it's another hour before Flynn and Lil maketheir way out of bed.

Hestands in the kitchen by the kettle carefully measuring each teaspoonof coffee and sugar respectively. Lil enters wrapping a towel aroundher dripping hair, having just left the shower. As she steps past himshe strokes his shoulders from left to right. She doesn't look athim as she does this but keeps moving past him and onward to thefront room. He on the hand stays somewhat mesmerised by her and itisn't until she's left that he can continue the eagerly neededwake up.

Lilsits herself in the lounge, her long legs tucked up on the couch.With nothing more to do she reclines and enjoys the quiet thatsurrounds her like a fog. Flynn joins her a few moments later andrather than disrupt the mood he seems to add to it. In his hands hecarries a tray full of breakfast items. From toast to cereal, orangejuice, apple juice as well as the two cups of java he had spent muchtime perfecting.