Episode 23: Battle in the sky

It didn't take long for the group to set off

It didn't take long for the group to set off. It didn't feel long to Leos anyway, as an hour flew by while they got acquainted with their new 'army'. The Deliverance had done a good job introducing themselves and giving him confidence in his objective to stop Tapu Bulu. There weren't a lot of them, but each and every one of them had a story to tell that gave them a drive to do what they were doing.

Their airship was as fancy as it needed to be. Leos stood at the front and stared out at the cloudy sky through the glass roof. Iron bars made a spiderweb pattern across the upper half of the ship, but only around the front. Otherwise, propellers carried the ship from the top, whilst giant, feather shaped oars rowed in perfect rhythm from the sides. It was all automated, where only the altitude and turning were manually handled by electricity and an awkward switchgear system.

Blossom had been behind him for a while, and finally sighed. She mimicked him for a minute, and then took in a breath. "Master Leos—"

"Don't bother with it. When you dragged yourself here, you decided to go through with it all the way," he said.

She moaned and shrugged. "I was actually going to advise you that you're too tense right now. Is there something I can do to make you loosen up?"

He didn't reply, so she continued. "Listen. You've given these other Pokémon a lot of hope, you know. So you'll need to be able to plan well when it comes to this battle. You can't be stiff and tense."

"Yeah yeah! Not many Pokémon are brave enough to confront a god. But you're doing it anyway, despite all the odds and everyone saying not to. That's why you're my hero, Leos!" Prem said as he skipped into the room. It was obvious he'd been hidden for a while.

"I guess I have to go along with that." Leos rubbed his face.

"Hmm. I notice you immediately bent to Prem's support, but not mine?" Blossom said. She giggled and rubbed her chin.

"You're only doing your job of supporting. Words from you aren't genuine," he replied. The other two silenced. "What?"

"Don't you trust Blossom? She hasn't done anything wrong," Prem said, rubbing his face.

"This isn't about trust? I never asked for a retainer because I already have you to help me." He folded his arms. "I know you're only trying to be helpful and nice because it's your job, or because I'm royalty."

"Then fire me. You've been the one in charge this whole time, so you've had that option," Blossom said with a smile. "I'm sure you knew that, but you want to ask me all the more about Constellars, don't you?"

Leos gawked, unable to reply. "Precisely. Remember that you can't hide ulterior motives from me. Either way, our motives just so happen to align with each other right now. I'm tired of letting the Tapu get away with the crimes they've done, and you want to stop them from starting a war."