Episode 3: Rune's solution

Crouched down and silent, Rune awaited the ending of the ceremony

Crouched down and silent, Rune awaited the ending of the ceremony. A Scizor slowly approached and crouched down with him when he was directly in front, placing a small crown on the Oshawott's head. Once that was in place and he stood up, Rune stood up as well, generating applause from the Pokémon that watched on.

"Congratulations, Your Highness. With this, you are now officially a royal knight. Never forget your pledge and work hard to forge a legend of yourself," Scizor announced, bowing to him. Rune's face was stern and stiff even when he nodded. He faced the last procedure he had to do for the ceremony while looking just as empty, but deep inside, he was jumping for joy.

It had taken ten years. Ten years since the unforgettable incident where he thought he had lost his sister's life. He spent all that time training tirelessly in the castle's Knight School, and today was the day that he graduated. He was truly a royal knight with the grade that proved he was one of the kingdom's best fighters- he felt invincible, and nothing was ever going to give him pain like that experience ten years ago ever again.

Believing that as fact was what made him so happy right now, but he daren't show it. He knew better than to risk them shoving a sneak attack in his face or something, so he remained focused as he retrieved the plain sword that all warriors got gifted for graduating. He accepted it and raised it high, creating another applause that made his heart flutter.

"Big brother!" a girly voice interrupted his triumph, stretching out the syllables excessively. Rune nearly sighed as said sister showed up, skipping along the hallway before noticing him in the training hall. She completely ignored the large audience of Pokémon and skipped over. "There you are! You gotta come with. Daddy wants ya."

"Sis, can it wait a little bit?" he replied, returning the sword to the cushion it was gifted to him on.

"Nope. It's Daddy, and he says it's exciting," she smiled, bouncing on her toes.

Her appearance had changed greatly during these ten years, although to Rune, she had only gotten girlier as the years went by. She wore a bright pink short skirt high up around her waist, slightly covering her scalchop, but due to her tail sticking out from behind, her bottom was in full view. Her head fur had grown greatly as well, so she wore that in a lengthy ponytail and tied it with large sticks to create an 'X' shaped hairclip. Her eyes hadn't changed however, still dark and lost with static, pure white pupils.

"As you can see, I'm in the middle of a ceremony. Please, I won't be a few—"

"And I just said it was important, geez. Let's go, let's go, let's go!" she said, snatching his arm and dragging him away. He allowed her to without any opposition, getting pulled along like a doll.

Rune's appearance had grown during that time as well, unlike the castle around him. He had grown the slightest bit taller and dressed up his head fur as well, whilst also choosing to wear a bright red cape to hide his belongings in. He had chosen to keep to himself though, and although the Pokémon of the castle noticed his change of diligence, he never once told anyone exactly why he became so quiet and started taking Knight School seriously. If anyone ever asked, he would just walk away.