Chapter 17

"Levi you dumbass help me with this tree!!" Mikasa said as she glared at her brother play with the dog. "Why are we having a big Christmas ball? I thought it was supposed to be a small party?" Levi asked as he hung orbs on the giant tree.

"Because the Yeagers always hold a big ball for Christmas and its been years since the last" Mikasa explained. "Auntie is right! Momma said before he got sick we always had a big party" Rivai said jumping up and down, he soon stopped and looked at his dad.

"But..." Rivai then looked down. Mikasa and lei stopped hanging orbs on the tree and looked towards Rivai. "But what sweety?" Mikasa asked tilting her head.

"After the party, Momma would always go to the family by himself" Riva said as Pampam tried to pull him by his pants. "And why is that?" Levi asked kneeling to his sons level.

"Momma would always go there with a small gift in his hands, Momma would sing Happy Birthday as he looked out the window" Rivai explained.  Mikasa's eyes widened.

"Rivai dear, do you know who has a birthday on Christmas?" Mikasa asked coming closer.

Rivai shook his head. "Your Daddy's birthday is on Christmas" Mikasa explained. Levi still surprised on what Eren did every year while away from him. "Then Momma was singing to Daddy!!" Rivai said with a bright smile painted on his face. 

~~~

Later after dark Levi searched around the house, in hope of finding the gift from Eren. He was about to give up when he noticed something odd inside of the orbs hanging on the ballroom Christmas tree. Levi sat down beside the tree as he unscrewed the metal top of the orb. Upon opening the small orb and turning it upside down a small silver key had fallen into Levi's lap. 

The key had a small label on it saying 'Bedroom painting' Levi got up from where he was sitting and ran up the stairs to the room, almost bumping into few maids and butlers walking towards the stairs. He slammed open the bedroom doors and jumped onto the bed. He harshly grabbed the painting off the wall to reveal a safe. Levi entered the key into the safe. Inside were cards and gifts all addressed to the one and only Levi Ackerman.

Levi grabbed the farthest one to the back which read, 'Happy Birthday Levi, -Love Eren (insert random year)'

Inside the small box were two small pieces of jewelry, one ring and one neckless. They were pieces of Eren and Levi's Story. Eren gave Levi the ring on their anniversary, Levi had given Eren the neckless on his birthday. Levi sat down on the bed as he looked back at the safe in sorrow.

The corners of Levi's mouth bent down into a sad frown. He heard a small creek come from the door, his head snapped to see Rivai with sleepy eyes, teddy in hand a Pampam trying to sneak in by moving the door. 

"Are those Momma's gifts?" the tired boy yawned as he hopped on the bed with Levi, followed by the small corgi. Levi nodded as he continued to read a card. "Okie.. show me and Pampam tomorrow I'm tired" Rivai yawned again as Pampam grabbed Rivai's teddy by the head and chucked it across the room and took its place in the small boys embrace. (That's one smart ass dog)

Levi chuckled trying to ignore the fact that dog hair would be everywhere in the morning. He sighed and put back the gifts and cards. He slowly snuck into under the covers beside his snoring son and dog and soon fell asleep as the snow fell outside the window of the bedroom. The moon's light shining through the large window as the two of them slept.

~~~

I hoped you enjoyed this chapter. Just to let you know that this book will most likely end at 20 chapters, it isn't for sure but I will stick to 20 for now since this story has been ongoing for quite a while...heh...

Anywho I hope you have a wonderful day! (or night)

With (early) Christmas Joy, Mango_Corgi