“You’re always by my side, keeping me company to pass the heavy days even though I scarcely notice you. It means a lot for me.” Thomas underlined his last sentence, showing he really meant that.

“It doesn’t matter, Thomas. Doesn’t matter at all.”

Thomas nodded. He knew Brenda would say something like that.

Minute by minute passed in silence while they were watching the sun’s movement. Orange vanished slowly, turning into yellow, and then just blue at the sky. Time was over for him. He should join Minho and Newt, preparing to go. Brenda realized that. She pulled her head out of his chest though Thomas’s arm still encircled her shoulder.

“If only I can freeze the time now,” Brenda whispered.

“I want the same.” Thomas landed his lips on her forehead, kissing it gently.

“You should be careful. I won’t be happy if you got hurt, even a little scratch.” Brenda flashed a smile.

Her beautiful smile sent coldness and calmness into Thomas’s mind. “I’ll try not to get hurt if you want me to.”

“Are you ready, Tommy?”

Thomas turned his head to see Newt was standing behind the frame door. “Yeah, wait for me at the living room.”

Newt nodded, then disappeared from their sights. Thomas rolled his eyes. He put his hands on Brenda’s shoulder, flipping her so he could face her. He kept the eye contact.

“I hope I will see you soon.”

Brenda nodded. “As soon as possible. And I hope it’s gonna be over soon.”

“Everything will be over in a few days.” Thomas ensured her. “After that, I will start every morning in Safe Haven watching sunrise with you.”

“That’s sweet.” Brenda leaned forward to kiss Thomas on cheek.

Thomas pulled Brenda into a hug. Just a few second, they pulled out. “I have to go now and I want you to promise me that you’re gonna be alright.”

“I promise.” Brenda nodded.

With that, Thomas made his way to the living room. Minho and Newt were making conversation while waiting for him. They both smiled on the topic that Thomas had no idea. He relieved they were acting normal instead of being worry.

“Let’s go, shanks!”

Minho and Newt glanced at him. Minho threw something to him, a skullcap colored black. Then, threw another thing, a glasses also colored black. “You have to use those. Remember, we are undercover.”

Thomas nodded. He wore that skullcap and glasses, just like Minho and Newt did.

“Wait!”

The three of them were about to step as Clarisse yelled, half running toward them. Her condition seemed to be very good.

“Take this!” Clarisse landed Newt a bar thin device.

Thomas and Minho widened their eyes to take a better look. Thomas remembered that stuff, just like he remembered the other stuff. It was in his old memories. He was familiar with that, but had no idea what function of that stuff.

“What’s that?” Minho frowned, demanding for the answer.

“It’s called handphone. The communication device. I have one here. We can tell each other if anything happen. Unfortunately, Hans’s number wasn’t saved so we can call him.”

“That’s cool.” Was a phrase that Minho could say.

“How did you get ‘em?” The next question came from Thomas.