Chapter 56

Okay, so here's some more cute Jily stuff before it gets depressing again :S! Enjoy!!!! XOXOXOXOX

*James' POV

After Lily said that she would hypothetically marry me, she said that if I was going to do it for real I had to do it properly, with a ring and everything. So I had to put it off, considering I didn't have a ring on me. For the rest of the night I did whatever I could to keep Lily's mind off Myer. I got a small radio out and we started dancing around crazily and singing as loud as we could because no one could hear us. Then a slow song came on and so I pulled her into my arms. She leant her head on my shoulder while we danced.

"What are you thinking about?" I ask her and when I look down I see she's blushing. "Care to share?" I ask again but she just smiles. "Come on! I'm not a mind-reader!" Her smile just widens. Then it starts to rain but we continue dancing. When the dance ends I attempt to twirl her but her foot slips on the wet ground and then we both end up on the grass. I stare down into her beautiful green eyes.

"Now there's no escape, you have to tell me what you were thinking about." I say but she manages to wriggle out from underneath me and then when she stands up she starts running away laughing. I quickly pick myself up off the ground and then chase her. I run after her and as soon as I'm in reach I grab her waist and swing her around before standing her in front of me. I stare at her. She looks so hot, wet tangles hair, no make-up, soaked grass-stained white blouse, denim skirt and no shoes. I push a stray strand of hair from her face. "You're beautiful." I say, lifting her chin up so she looks up at men and then I lean in and kiss her. "Now you have to tell me."

"Fine! I was thinking about what it would be like to dance at our wedding." A huge grin spreads across my face. Then the rain starts to come down harder. "Maybe we should get back." She suggests.

"Yeah." I quickly pack up the remains of the picnic and fold up the blanket. Then I grab Lily's hand and we apparate back to Hogwarts. At the gate Lily's mind still seems to be off Myer and she starts skipping up the path.

"I'll race you?" She challenges, stopping a little ahead of me.

"It wouldn't be fair. I have all this extra baggage." I say, waving it around for proof.

"Leave them here, we can get them in the morning. Come on! I have still got so much energy!"

"Okay." I quickly drop the picnic stuff and start running.

"Hey!" I hear her yell from behind me. I slow down and she soon catches up with me. I let her run past me and win. When I get to the castle she's leaning against a pillar, admiring her nails. "I've been here for ages." She says, smirking. "I won, so what's my prize?" She asks as I walk towards her. I take her face in my hands and kiss her.

"That was your prize." She smiles, we race down the hallways and stumble through the portrait door laughing. When we look up we are met by the tired, bloodshot eyes of all our friends, including Sirius who appears to have finished his rampage.

"So what? You've forgotten Myer already?" Jen asks. Remus has his hands around her waist, restraining her so she can't do anything she might regret.

"No! Of course not. I just-I just-" Lily stammers.

"She just needed a distraction. It's been a really stressful few days. I think she deserved to have a little fun." I say, defending Lily.

"Myer is dead and you want to have fun? What is wrong with you? I'm out of here." Jen leaves and so Remus does as well. Alice and Frank drift off too. Sirius sits there, looking miserable. Lily walks over to him.

"Sirius I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be insensitive." She says as she crushes down so she's eye level with him.

"No, it's okay. I could do with some fun myself. Do you mind if I sleep here?"

"No of course not! In fact, take James' room. He can sleep in with me." Sirius raises his eyebrow and for a moment he's the same old Sirius but then the moment passes and he's back to being depressed. He gets up slowly and walks to my room.

"I'm sleeping with you, am I?" I ask her, arching my eyebrow and walking towards her.

"Yes. Just sleeping, emphasis on the sleeping, else you'll be on the sofa." I laugh and take her hand. She goes into her room and I go into my room to change into some pyjamas. Sirius is sprawled out on my bed staring at the ceiling, I throw a blanket at him.

"Thanks." He mumbles.

"Padfoot, I know you probably don't want to hear it but, Lily practically said she'd marry." I say, I look over at him to see his reaction.

"That's great. And hey if you need a ring, I've got one." He sits up and pulls a small black box out of his pocket. "I brought it during the holiday. It's nearly graduation and I wanted to make sure my future with her was secure. I guess I kind of jinxed it huh?"

"Mate, I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault. I guess I just wasn't meant to be happy." With that he collapses back on the bed and pulls the blanket over his face. When I get back to Lily's room she's asleep, her head leaning on her dressing table, her hair brush still in her hand. I pick her up in my arms and lay her down on her bed. I put a blanket over her and grab on for myself before making my way to the sofa.

"Looks like I'm sleeping on the sofa anyway." I mumble to myself as I lie down. Falling asleep almost instantaneously.

Hope you enjoyed it. Remember to comment and vote!!!! Thanks!! XOXOXOXO

Edited and updated: 05/08/16