Chapter 40

Here's Chapter 40!!!! ENJOY!!!! XOXOXOXOXO

*Lily's POV

The rest of the term drags on. By the last Friday before Easter I am glad school is over. I pack my things eagerly and we leave for the train station. James and I are still fighting, well, I don't know if you could call it fighting, we just don't talk to each other. The train ride is very awkward.

Eventually we arrive at Kings Cross and the Lupin's pick Remus and I up. We drive into town where there is a street of dress shops, to buy dresses for the ball. I buy a simple white, floor length dress. Clary buys a short pink one, it's very pink and very sparkly. Remus sits bored in every shop and eventually he pulls out some parchment and starts doodling on it.

We get back to their around six and I eat and go to bed, where I wait for my nightmares to find me.

*James' POV

As soon as we leave the train Mum drags Sirius and I home really fast to check is out dress robes still fit for the Lupin's ball. Apparently it's a big deal, it's being held at their massive holiday mansion in the countryside. Who knew the Lupin's were insanely rich?

The hold it every year but it's for adults and since we turned seventeen this year we're officially adults so we get to go. It turns out we both left our dress robes at Hogwarts so we have to go shopping to rent some. It's a very painful experience; to stand and get measured and then dress and undress while you try on countless amounts of dress roves that all look the same to me. Mum has disapproved seven before I walk out of the changing room in one she likes.

"Perfect! Aw, you boys look so handsome!" She exclaims, kissing us both on the cheek. Quickly, we pay and then leave because I couldn't stand one more second in the shop.

"Dud, I know I shouldn't ask, mostly because Remus, like, forbade me or whatever, but I have to ask...what is the deal with you and Evans?" Sirius asks, as soon as we step into my room, out of ear-shot of my Mum.

"There is no deal." I say, putting our new dress robes in the wardrobe and then flopping on my bed.

"So are you broken up? Forever?" He asks while mindlessly flipping through my Quidditch magazines.

"Yeah, I think so."

"But...why?"

"She dated Regulus Black." I say casually.

"What! While you were going out?"

"No. When we were broken up.

"Then why are you so upset?"

"Because...it's Regulus Black."

"Yeah, I know who he is. I'm related to the idiot. But come on! You weren't dating her. You can't be mad about that."

"Sure I can. I mean, I am, aren't I?" He just shakes his head and drops the matter. Then at dinner Mum brings it up.

"So how's it going with Lily. You've told us so much about her. When are we going to meet her?" Sirius chokes on his food, trying not to laugh. I glare at him.

"Yeah, everything's great." I say, staring at my plate.

"Is she going to the Lupin's ball? We could meet her there?" She suggest, oblivious to my reaction.

"No. I mean, I don't know, maybe." I stutter.

"James? What's going on?"

"Nothing."

"We're... on a break."

"What does that mean?" My Dad asks, finally joining the conversation.

"They broke up." Sirius states.