Chapter 44

Here's chapter 44. Enjoy!!! XOXOXO

*Remus' POV

It took us four hour to clean up the house and even then some of the stuff was beyond repair even for magic. Lily cleans up in silence, she thinks it's all her fault but we don't blame her. Mum and Dad are still sorting things out at the fire which has nearly burned out. So it's just Jen, Alice, Frank, Clary and I. While tidying, my mind keeps flicking back to James and Sirius - what idiots, they're so stupid, I don't even want to know what they were thinking. It's about one o'clock in the morning when we finish. We collapse in the chairs, Jen on my lap.

"Remus, I'm so so sorry." Lily says, staring at the floor.

"Lily, how many times do I have to say, we don't blame you."

"I blame me though." Eventually, Alice, Frank and Jen have to leave. Lily goes up to her room and I presume she goes to sleep. Clary and I stay up playing scrabble, waiting for our parents. At three Mum and Dad come home and demand that we go to bed.

In the morning I get up at eight out of habit but everyone else is already up, except for Lily.

"Remus, Ted Tonks asked if you would mind babysitting little Nymphadora?"

"Sure, no problem. What time?"

"Well...now? Your Dad can drop you off."

"Okay, let me grab my coat." While I'm upstairs I knock on Lily's door. "Lily?" There's no response. "I'm coming in." I say, Jen taught me to do that. Ever since Sirius 'accidentally' walked into the girls dorm while they were chasing, Jen yelled at us for nearly two hours straight about how guys are so rude and never knock and the moral of that story is never walk into a dorm while Jen is changing because she will bite your head off. I walk into her room carefully but she's not there, her bed is perfect made and there's a note on the pillow.

Remus,
I've gone out for a walk to clear my head. I just need some air. I'll be back soon. Don't worry. I'll be fine.
Lily x

I sigh and take the letter downstairs to show my Mum.

"Poor girl, she's been through so much."

"Yeah, owl me when she gets back." I say as I kiss her on the cheek and get in the car with Dad. The Tonks' don't like that far away and within five minutes we're there. Mr Tonks, or Ted as he says I should call him, gives me a bunch of instructions and then they leave. I go into the living room where Nymphadora is. I feel sorry for the poor girl. I mean Nymphadora? That's an unfortunate name.

I sit in an armchair across from her, she is sitting cross-legged on the floor in front of the fireplace playing with some dolls. I clear my throat and she looks up.

"Hi." I say awkwardly. She cocks her head to the side and studies my face for a while.

"Hi." She says eventually. Her hair turning red.

"I'm Remus." I say.

"I know." Is all she says. She stares at the dolls in her hands but she's not playing with them. Her hair getting more and more red by the second.

"I'm Nymphadora but I hate that name." She says, making a face. "You can call me Tonks."

"Okay. Tonks, what do you want to do?" She looks around the room then at me. She looks her eyes with mine for a minute, then hastily looks away staring at the floor.

"Your cute. Like a cute little puppy dog." She says, coming up and sitting on the arm of the chair and pinching my cheeks.

"I'm your babysitter." I say.

"I know, why does that matter?"

"It makes me not cute."

"No, it doesn't."

"Yes it does. Anyway, I have a girlfriend."

"That doesn't matter, she doesn't have to know." I laugh nervously and try to move away from her.

"You're three."

"I know but I'm going to be four soon." She says smiling sweetly at me. I sigh, pick her up and plop her by her dolls, which she picks up and starts playing with. Her game gets quite violent and I swear that one of her dolls gets murdered. I start to nod off. I close my eyes but there's no hope of having a nap because I have a pounding headache, the start of what's to come tonight.

It's a full moon and I'm dreading it. I hope James and Sirius get out of St Mungos in time. Full moons outside of Hogwarts are always so much more stressful, there are more people that I could potentially kill. At Hogwarts I can go into the Shrieking Shack and be out the way of people and besides there's a curfew so I hardly ever meet up with people. Here there's no curfew, I could run into someone at anytime and there would be nothing stopping me from ripping their heads off. Plus there's only a small forrest for me to hide away in, there's only like ten trees, okay maybe that's an exaggeration but it is really small.

I am almost asleep when I feel someone climb up on the chair.

"Remus, can we go outside?" Tonks asks. I rub my eyes, yawn, and look out the window.

"It's raining."

"So?"

"You'll get cold."

"So?"

"Maybe when the rain stops we can go outside."

"Okay." She looks sad for a minute but then gets distracted by her dolls again. It's nine o'clock before the Tonks get back, they pay me and I go home. As soon as I get home I owl Sirius.

Padfoot,
When do you get out of St Mungos.
Moony

Five minutes late I get a reply but it's not from Sirius.

Hey Remus
We're just signing some paperwork. James says as soon as they get out they're heading you yours.
Myer

Lily still isn't home, but there's another note on her pillow.

Still fine, be back for some food soon.
Lily x

I wonder what she's doing out there. Just wandering around aimlessly? James and Sirius arrive at half eleven. I quietly leave without telling Mum and Dad where I'm going, but I'm sure they'll figure it out. James and Sirius have to practically drag me into the forrest. I feel worse and worse every second. We get to the middle of the forrest and they change too their animals forms. In the distance I hear a bell chime midnight.

Okay, sorry it's kind of boring and not much happens but it's just a filler to set the scene for what happens next. Hope you liked it!! Remember to comment and vote!!! Thanks!!! OXOXOXOX

Edited and updated: 01/08/16