Choices and The What?! (Chapter Twelve)

Start from the beginning

He opened the door and was walking towards me.

"I need you to leave. Please."

"Okay." And he left.

●●●

I woke up after sleeping that evening into the next day. My whole face felt like dried tears were all over. I stood up and stripped then walked to the bathroom. I avoided the mirrors like they were plagues.

After taking a shower and brushing my teeth, I headed downstairs for breakfast. I went straight to the kitchen so I could avoid you know who. I met Donald in the kitchen carrying a bag of flour.

"Here, let me help with that." He smiled gratefully as I collected it from him and dropped it off at the huge pantry.

"So Mr- I mean, Donald," I corrected myself, remembering how he refused to be called Mr. Donald. He raised an eyebrow.

"I just wanted to know what's for breakfast."

"A simple English breakfast. Toast, eggs, sausages etcetera." He actually said etcetera. Wow lol.

"Okay. Anything I can help with?"

"Nothing. Just go sit in the dining area."

I sat down on the marble counter and he rolled his eyes, making me giggle seeing him do that.

He started making preparations for breakfast. Grabbing eggs, sausages, baked beans from the cold room.

"Hey son, could you go to the pantry? You'd find a sealed box with bottles of jam. Please open it and bring me one."

"Sure thing."

It took me a while but, I got the jam and came back to him singing fervently to Whitney Houston's If I don't have you. Just the sight of it was hilarious. He had a spatula close to his mouth like a microphone and was singing like he was up on a stage.

I couldn't help it and I started laughing. He jumped and turned around, glaring at me but he was blushing furiously.

"I'm sorry. Please carry on." I said between chuckles.

"But really. Whitney Houston?" I literally laughed till I felt a tear run down the side of my face.

"Hey, what's going on." Scott entered the kitchen. The smile left my face and Donald continued heating the sausages.

"Nothing." I walked to the dining room and sat down. Scott followed closely behind and sat next to me.

"Hi." He tried to reach for my hand but I pulled away.

"Hey."

"You okay?"

"Just dandy. Thanks."

"Um so about yesterday, I wanted you to know that..." He paused, clearly nervous and thinking of what he was about to say. I urged him to go on by raising a brow.

"I choose you. I'm sorry I took too long." His words made me want to smile. So I did.

"Okay but wait, what about Adam?"

"I ended things with him last night. On the phone." I winced.

"Now, can I please kiss you?" He said, with a boyish smile.

"Okay." With that, he leaned forward and planted his lips on mine, lighting up my insides the way only him can. We pulled apart when we heard a cough. I blushed red as a tomato seeing Donald with breakfast and he set the food down with a smirk on his face.

"Bon appetit." Donald said with an unnecessary flourish. His voice dripped sarcasm.

"Thanks Mr. Donald."

Breakfast went by uneventfully. As huge as the house is, there was nothing for me to do. I went to the entertainment room to watch tv. After turning it on, Scott came in, slid into my seat and held me. I rested my head on his chest and we watched tv. We saw Lea on tv talking about the new issue of her magazine which will be out in a matter of hours.

"Speaking of mom, she'll be back tonight. I got a call from her this morning. She's probably on a plane right now."

"Oh cool."

"That reminds me, we need to get you an outfit for the ball." He said while stroking my hair.

"The what?!"

"The ball. Oh my God! We forgot to tell you. Okay, the thing is, my mom holds a ball three times a year. Lots of people will be there. The tiny good part is that its not one of those stuck up 'wear only black and white' kinda event."

"So it's a pretty big deal huh." I said mostly to myself. He laughed softly while fondling with my earlobe.

"Uh yeah. Don't be nervous. We need to get to our stylist and pick an outfit. Mom already sent the address of his store. After that, we could go to the mall, grab a bite, ah and get you a new phone too." He grabbed my hand and dragged me to the parking lot. He took the keys to a very futuristic looking grey Audi car. We got in and he sped off.

We got to the store and met a man whose name was Jeff Kim. I touched clothes that I'd only seen on tv or in magazines. From Paul Smith to Tom Ford, Gucci, Versace, Burberry, Calvin Klein, the list is endless.

One particular suit caught my eye though, it was a double-breasted white suit with gold embellishments and just two gold buttons. It's by Versace and the price tag had my eyes bulging and my stomach churning.

"You like that one?" Scott looked at me, cocking his head to one side.

"Yeah I really do, but, it's waaaay too expensive."

"Ah tsk. Forget about the price."

He faced the stylist and said "We'd like this one for him and I was wondering if you have the same thing in black for me?" He winked at me.

"Go try your suit on babe." He gestured for me to go in the changing room.

I put the suit on and looked in the ceiling-to-floor length mirror and... wow. I see why it's so expensive. The suit fit perfectly, literally like a glove. I felt so angelic and saint-like. I tried to put a poker face on as I walked out. The stylist gasped when he saw me. Scott turned around then, dropped his suit when he saw me. He walked towards me in a flash and kissed me passionately.

"You look amazing, Matt."

"Thank you." I answered shyly.