Noctis: Memories

OMG Hello people, it is I! Your dear author, posting a new chapter, after idk how many months of hiatus but yeah I am finally back (?) not sure for how long but here ya lovlies go!!

Forgive me if I suck at this, I haven't been writing anything for a long time.

•••

Noctis

"Hey father?" the little raven boy whispered, his head resting on the older Lucis' chest, trying to get a bit of rest after a day of being toured by his father around their kingdom.

"Hmm?"

"Say, will I become a good king?

His father glanced down at him and placed a hand on his son's head. "Why ask that, my little boy?"

"Well.. it's just that.." he momentarilly stopped. "I'm just scared. What if I disappoint you?" he looked up at the his father.

King Regis released a small chuckle, closing both his eyes in a smile. "Your my son. Noctis, remember this. Your father loves you with all his heart.

No matter how many times you stumble or fall, I'll be there to pick you up and guide you."

"Really?" The young Noctis creased his eyebrows upward. "What if I.. I don't know, stumble a lot?"

"Son." Regis looked back at the orange sky again. "People stumble a lot, we make a lot of mistakes. But a king must learn from his mistakes and do his best in leading his people. Leading those who need guidance so they would not live life the hard way. To be an inspiration towards children."

He smiled down at his own son again. "You told me you wanted to be a good example, no?"

The prince nodded. "Will I be a good example?"

"You're like your mother, always doubting yourself." he chuckled.

Noctis placed a small smile on his lips. "What was mother like?"

"She..." King Regis looked back at the clouds again, his eyes filled with love as if they were set upon his lovely wife again. "She was an angel. Her blue eyes, oh how her blue eyes never failed to captivate mine each time our eyes met. She was a waitress at an old cafe, your mother. Amicitia was against it but I immediately fell for your mother the first time I set my eyes upon her. I was only a prince back then."

He let out a sigh, not letting sad and unwanted memories take over. "Ahh such long time has passed."

A short pause followed.

"In time, I will pass the throne to you. I know you'll be a great king by then." he continued.

"You think so, father?"

Regis smiled, pinching Noctis' nose. "I think so, I know so. You're your our son after all."