Prompto x Reader: I Did (pt.2)

Eii I'm back~!! No one probably missed me lol kidding, I was just being my emotional self. But anyway, to be honest I wasn't really planning to give this a part 2 and, you know, just leave it as it is but some adorable fluff requested a part 2 so here it is~!!

Oh and this chappy is dedicated to KazutoSanada . So anyway, let's get back to the short story before I make too much segways.

I hope you guys like it~

Some reminders:

(y/n): your name
(h/c): hair color
(s/c): skin color
(e/c): eye color
(s/n): street name
*****

"Liar." you thought to yourself as you clenched the tablecloth between your fingers, glaring into nowhere. It's been days since that day. That day. When Prompto and his friends showed up at the restaurant you've been working at for years now.

The last thing he said to you flashed back into your mind.

"I..I still love you." those words haunted you even in your sleep, you would dream of moments when you and him were still together.

"Liar.." you muttered.

It wasn't directed to Prompto, no.

It was directed to yourself.

Right after you one-sidedly broke up with him, you never returned and ran away from him, thinking you'd forget him eventually. But no, ohoho no, you were wrong. You were very wrong. Everytime you passed by couples, all you could think was the blonde bastard who broke your heart. Everywhere you went, your mind conjures up his image. It pissed you off. Yes, it did.

It pissed you off because deep inside, even though he hurt you, you still love him.

And his sudden appearance a few days ago? Only Etro knew how frantic your heart beat was and how much you wanted to jump at him, hug him, kiss him and hit his head for hurting you. But you just... couldn't. Your legs wouldn't move properly, your throat was feeling hoarse, you even said something opposite of what you felt.

"I'm sorry Prompto.. I did.. But not anymore. I'm sorry."

"Liar." you repeated again, sniffing while you tried to hold back the tears that you so much tried hard to keep from falling yet failed. You suddenly regretted sending him away that day. After you said that, Prompto went silent. Both of you went silent. But you were surprised when he suddenly hugged you, muttering sentences of apology and how he suffered those years without you.

But of course, you on the other hand, who was too shocked and whose mind couldn't accept what he was saying, shoved him off and had security take him out for "harrassing" an employee. Oh how you regret what you did.

"(Y/n), I'm going ahead of you today, okay? I got an urgent call from my family so I have to uhh, ya know, wife's havin a hard time with the kids." your co-worker said who was standing by the side of the table opposite of you while he fixed his hat. You snapped out of your daze and nodded at him, flashing a small smile. "M'kay then. Ya shouldn't overwork yeself ay?" he nodded back at you before stepping out the backdoor, his silhouette completely disappearing, leaving you alone at the restaurant.

You sighed, pushing yourself back up from your seat and continued cleaning. Your eyes glanced at the wall clock. It was 11:34 pm already. "Great. My dog's skipped dinner again because of me." you sighed, gathering your things and slinging your bag on your shoulder before walking towards the door. You got out and locked it, pushing the keys inside your pocket and rubbing your arm, warming them as the winter air blew past your frail form.

As you made your way past the streets, you were careful not to make a loud sound that would wake the people. You shuddered at the silence. Most houses had their lights turned off and the building that still had their lights on was the bank. Halfway to your house, you sighed but mentally froze as you felt a presence behind you. You also heard footsteps approaching you so you increased your pace.

On your left was a building with glass walls so you took the opportunity to see your "stalker" without looking back at him. It was a drunk man. Not only a common man but you recognized his jacket.

He was that famous 'Jack the Ripper' appearing on the news who's known to be targetting women on the streets at night. You recognized his jacket because it had his symbol, a reaping scyther with blood stains, sewn on the left side of his jacket. He... well, rips clothes off, as well as untouched hymens and rip their throats when he's done with them.

'Crap, crap, crap, crap.' you panicked inside your head. You tried to turn into corners but he really seemed to follow you wherever you went. Your legs were getting tired and you were already brisk walking; and running; for an hour but you need him off your trail. Of course you can't lead him towards your house.

A few more walks and you're sure your legs would collapse. You only prayed you'd find a place where you could ask for help before that happens. You dug through your pocket, searching for the most precious thing in your mind that could give you the most help right now. Your cellphone. You made sure you wouldn't drop it from shaking too much because you were scared. REALLY SCARED.

You scrolled through your contacts, calling each and every person you found on the list but they were all asleep, not answering. You inwardly cursed, looking back and finding the man still following you, a scary grin now plastered on his ugly and twisted face. No wrong, he wasn't ugly, he was too handsome to be a criminal in fact. You irritatingly slapped yourself for even finding time to compliment the person who possibly would be the last one you'll ever see.

You breath hitched, seeing the last contact on your list that you haven't tried calling yet.

Prompto Argentum

Your mind wanted to argue but this wasn't the time for emotional fits about the past. You wouldn't even have a future to look forward to if this man behind you finally decided to run and catch up to you. You pressed the green icon, calling his number.

But what you heard made your heart froze...

'The number you have dialled is no longer in service. The number you have dialled is no longer in service.'....