Ignis x Reader: New Year Edition

Happy 2k reads guys~ ^^

FantasyLightning requested an Ignis x reader so here is the pt. 1 of the New Year Series.

My apologies if it's trashy, I still feel sick. I posted this for the sake of updating.

I hope you like it though.

•••

"(y/n), can you attend to the customer by the cashier?" your manager said as she pointed at the counter.

You nodded, rushing your way towards the front as you dusted your skirt. You looked up to smile at the customer, only to find the most handsome person you've ever laid your (e/c) eyes upon.

The man standing in front of you wore glasses, matching his facial features perfectly and his calm eyes that somehow sent chills through your spine.

"I'll take these." he laid the goods on the counter in front of you and took his wallet from his backpocket while you stood, still in awe of the man in front of you. "Taking a picture would be better." he stated, now staring back at you as he held the payment.

You snapped out of your trance from his humorous comment and laughed nervously. "M-My apologies." you said, computing the prices and trying not to look back at his face.

He smiled at you, "It's fine.. So umm, what time will you get out of work?"

•••

You reminised at the first time you and Ignis met, your chin resting on both your palms as you stared blankly on the wall. You two have been friends for almost 2 years and you were still unsure if you would tell him that you liked him.

Yes, you like—no, scratch that—you fell inlove with Ignis the first time you saw him. And somehow, the spectacled idiot is still oblivious to your feelings even though sometimes you almost slap it into his face. "Even his friends know about how I feel." you frowned.

You immediately stood up when your manager called your name. "Yes?"

"The couple from table 6 needs to order." she said, giving you a large table napkin and nodding at the said table at the corner of the room.

You walked towards table 6 and slightly bowed at the man whose face was slightly covered because of the menu that he held by his face and smiled at the woman beside him. 'She looks beautiful.' you thought.

You immediately shook off the thought and smiled at them both when the man closed the menu, making your eyes widen.

"We'll take two (insert food here)." you felt your heart almost drop. It was Ignis. Ignis. Stupeo. Scientia. Ignis.

You blinked, getting your mind straight again and doing your best to smile while feeling something clench in your chest as you saw a small box near him.

'He must be going to propose.'

"I'll... Umm.. I mean.." You went literaly blank as you stared at him.

'I shouldn't be affected. I'm not even his girlfriend. This girl is.' you thought.

Ignis looked at you with slight concern in his eyes as he frowned, scanning your (s/c) face. "(y/n)?" he called, making you inmediately stand upright again and almost choke on your own saliva.