Prompto x Reader: Happy Easter (Not!)

Here is for today's chappy~~

Hope you guys like it~!! Happy Easter y'all~

(Also, our dog just gave birth today :3)

By Yours Truly~

•••

It was the perfect day for a hunt. The sky was clear, no Niffs were in sight.

Only, your boyfriend wasn't really in the mood for a hunt.

An egg hunt that is.

"Come on, Prompto!!" you shook his shoulder as his back faced towards you. "You've been sleeping for, like, 10 hours and you're still tired?"

It was Easter Sunday, all the kids in Lucis were having their annual Easter celebration, hunting for colorful eggs hidden everywhere especially at havens such as the place you and Prompto were at, Alstor Haven.

(( a/n: I just looooove this area so much and it's view~ ))

"(Y/n), please. I haven't slept for days, we've been doing a lot of daemon hunting here and there for the past two days." he whined, pulling the blanket up his head again.

You weren't really used to Prompto being like this. He was always hyper, cheerful and energetic. Redundant but those three words were accurate. In fact, he was supposed to be the one shaking the soul out of you just so you two can go Easter Egg hunting.

You pursed your lips as your eyebrows creased, thinking of something that would definitely make him stand up from his mattress.

"Alright, fine. I won't bother you, I'll go and hunt those Easter eggs myself~" you mused, turning away and glancing at him, checking if he was going to change his mind and accompany you.

You knew he never lets you go around mob areas alone. Sure, you could defend yourself, but he was really protective.

But NO, after a few moments of waiting for him to follow you outside the tent, no Prompto showed up so you slightly frowned and trudged back at the tent, peeking inside to see what he was doing.

'And the blondie is still asleep!!?' you mentally cursed. 'Fine, I'll definitely go hunting. ALONE.'

Huffing, you took your sheathed dagger off your belt and threw it towards Prompto, still careful not to accidentaly unsheathe it and hit his back.

"Ow! What was that for?!" you heard him complain before you completely ran away from the camp area, rushing towards the other side of the lake.

"Tsk." you kicked a pebble away. "Stupid Prompto. Who needs someone to hunt with anyway. I can spot those eggs easily without his help." You muttered.

As soon as you finished your sentence, your eyes caught something shining under a bush so you squinted your eyes.

"An Easter egg!" you exclaimed. "See, I immediately found one! Who said I need help with these?"

Another Easter egg caught your eyes so you excitedly ran towards it, reaching it under the fisherman's house's dock.

---

"And that's 18 Easter eggs!" you mused, carrying the said eggs around your arms with a huge smile on your face.

You suddenly noticed something, the smile slowly disappearing from your face and looked up the sky. "It's getting darker." you muttered.

'Don't tell me that Prompto's still asleep.' you mentally sighed. 'I swear I'd hit him on the head if I catch him still lying down and slacking off.'