Chapter 9: Maybe my memories were wrong...

I fluttered my eyelids open and felt his lips on my forehead. I smiled and looked up at him. Candles from last night that didn't burn out illuminated his jaw and face. The curtains were pulled over the window and blocked out any outside brightness.

"Good morning." I whispered and he smiled.

"It will always be a good morning with you around me." He said, pulling me in close so his chin was on top of my head. I laughed.

"That sounds so cheesy, but true." I could feel his chest vibrate from his laugh and smiled weakly. I was then overcome by pain and winced, but he didn't see.

"I think I'm going to go for a walk." I mumbled and he nodded. "The only reason I'm not chasing after you is because the fact that we have an eternity together to be like this."I smiled and nodded as I walked into the closet, pulling an oversized black sweater on over black tights and black combat boots.

I felt the stomach pain again and fell to the ground. "You okay?" He called and I reassured him.

I walked over the door and stepped out into the hallway and went through the corridors that lead to a million different passages and took the door that lead outside.

I didn't really know where I was heading, but just ind of walked my way though the park outside but bumped into someone.

"Sorry!" We both said in unison.

"Daria?" I questioned, holding my head as my vision started to clear. She turned and nodded. "Scarlet? I've been trying to look for you everywhere!" I tilted my head.

"What? Why?" She grabbed my hand and pulled my back towards the castle. "The King has been looking for you!"

"Wait what about Nickolai?" She shook her head.

"They say this does to involve him, which is complete and utter bull-" she was cutoff by me pulling her back so she wouldn't hit someone. "Thanks." And I nodded.

"I don't understand all of it, but I believe your grandmother is here!" And we entered the castle.

---

After what seems like 2 seconds, we were in the ballroom. The king sat on his throne and beside him was Darius, and in front of them where a group of vampires.

I didn't see my grandmother, but was excited she was here. I missed her so much, I hope I get to meet my grandfather.

"Scarlet?" My grandmothers crisp voice rang through the hall.

"Grandmother?" I turned around and she was right in front of me. I gasped, but then sighed. "Oh you scared me."

"Oh my darling, I missed you so much." She hugged me tightly. "C'mon we're leaving." I raised my eyebrow.

"Grandmother?' I pulled back, "I just can't leave! I mean, I'm-I'm married now! I mean, well, what about. Nickolai?" She stiffened.

"Your 'Husband' is of no importance."

"But- I-I-i do truly love him." I stuttered. She wasn't like this on earth.

"Stockholm Syndrome dear, you've identified with your captor, it isn't true." I held my hand up.

"No, it is true love, we can communicate through each other's mind. Why won't you meet him? I know you would love him." She turned around, facing away from me.

"I do not wish to meet the disgusting, putrid, vile, repulsive pig, that- that stole away my granddaughter. Now,' she held out her hand. "Come. We are leaving at once."

"What! No! Grandmother, I'm sorry but I can't leave." She turned back to me and gripped my arm tightly.

"We are leaving, NOW." I struggled to pull away from her, but she was too strong.

I saw Daria run out the doors, and knew she was trying to get Nickolai quickly, but I could do one better. I guess it was because i had been too busy with my grandmother, but the wall had been up.

I opened it and screamed his name, and in an instant he was there.

He lifted my grandmother up and stared her straight in the eyes.

"Get your hands off of her." He said sternly. "Before I do something I'll regret." She gave him a cold glare.

"Scarlet, once you realize how wrong you were, I will accept you, because I love you." She then clawed nickolais hands away and stormed out.

I felt dizzy.

What the hell just happened?

Bloody Blossom TreeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara